Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Food Tour 47 - Don't waste your calories on this

 I thought there is merit in giving negative reviews as well cos well, not all food I've ate so far are good. And some really kinda of made me fume. I don't really want others to experience the same. 



This is one of the most disappointing food I ate. I never thought the service of a place matters, but this fell way below expectation. I initially thought the place attracted a decent lunch crowd for its lunch set. But later realised, it is how they sit the customers. They would always make sure we fill the outside seating first. The lunch set came with an unappetizing soup and refillable drink. The drink was never refilled because there was only 1 service staff who was managing everything. 

The waiting time was also unbearably long. I spent 20 mins mindlessly gaming and finally got fed up and told the service staff perhaps he can serve me the drink and soup first. He took 5 mins to respond. The mains came around 15 mins later. That's 40 mins of my lunch gone waiting and...the meal cost almost $$20. Eye roll in disgust. 



I am quite a softie when it comes to social projects and giving beneficiaries a source of livelihood. But it is a whole different thing when there is a lack of effort in the food. First of all, the aesthetics of the place is gorgeous. We went there cos we were going to be in the area. The coffee seems diluted and toasted bread did not feel firm. It was that sort of place we knew we wouldn't be back the second time

The better food was the acai bowl and the cold brew. Just to be sure that I wasn't biased, I also check in with a few friends/ relatives who patronised them before. Most asked me why I even bothered going, guess I am not alone. 



If you are a fan of JJ Lin, then this is a must-go for you. But...you won't see him there. Haha. When it first open, there was a long queue, I guess it was just the fan power. By now, there is barely any queue and mainly Chinese tourist posting online about their idol's shop. It is still quite difficult to grab a seat. I gave their drink a try and it was quite Starbuck-ish. Decent, but not worth going all the way there for. (Agreed by a fellow friend who was there with me. ) FYI, we like JJ Lin's songs too, but not hardcore fans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment