Saturday, June 29, 2024

MoNo - Giving food a second lease of life

If you live/ work near Serangoon area, you must check out MoNo. To keep their concept simple, they are simply a social enterprise that champions the reduction of food waste. You will find items that are either close to their expiry date or slightly pass their best before date. I love how they keep it fun too, because you have to make a donation and you will get a box (the bigger the donation amount, the larger the box) to fill up with all the available goodies. As long as nothing falls out of the box, they are yours to bring home!

What impressed me was really the variety of food. Some were really exotic. As a true blue Singaporean, I tried to stuff as much food I wanted to try inside. You can identify the premium items as you would be limited to specific quantities. And hence, I only managed to snag 2 cans of abalone. Personally, I am not very comfortable with eating food pass their "best before" date so always check the expiry date before grabbing anything. 


Overall, I am pretty pleased with what I managed to snag for the amount I paid. I would have snag more, just that my bag is too full of food and I have another place to run to. It is really a great initiative and I think it is also quite a nice place to pop by maybe once a quarter if you are just up for novelty items. But...if you want to save some money, most of their food here are mostly processed food. Not good to eat too much if you ask me. 

*After Note: The chips is super yummy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment