Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Things to do in Desaru

Funny story, I went to Desaru twice in a month. So I am pretty sure I have explored quite a lot of terrains there and have shortlisted the more worthy places to share with you guys. 

Best Hotels


This was where we stayed and I loved it. It was right smack in its town and was close to a lot of amenities such a supermarket, shopping centre (didn't have time to explore) and pharmacist. Bringing 2 kids, this really matters to me because if I need to stock up on diapers etc., I have a place to go to right outside my hotel. Also, I sprained my back during my stay and I was so glad there was a pharmacist I could go to. 

The room we picked was the Premium Twin Room, 2 Double Beds, Balcony, which was very spacious. I know I am starting to sound like a broken record on space. But when you have strollers and tons of kids stuff like floats etc. space is vital. There was a playground within the vicinity and the pool had a shallow end for the toddlers! Also, we had free shuttle bus rides to  the beach and Adventure Park!



Using our free shuttle bus rides, we ventured to Hard Rock Hotel. Initially, our intent was to visit the Kids Club. But the programme for the day seems meh. So the kids ended up playing at the complimentary splash zone. Although we didn't pick this hotel, I thought it was a decent choice as well given the number of families there. It was right beside the Adventure Waterpark. There was a playground, an active lawn, kids club, splashzone etc. all within the vicinity. 
It seems to attract more Caucasians. Would probably give it a try in future, just that price point, it seems to be less value for money. 

 Best Seafood Restaurant



Generally, many people rave about the seafood at Desaru. We ate at a few places, and the initial thoughts was that it was really cheap but not super fantastic. Some of the places which had "high positive reviews" were incentivised review. But this place - You Kee Seafood, was super impressive. It is quite out of place and rather dilapidated. The butter lobsters were super delicious and was something we probably couldn't find in Singapore. 

There were good food options for the kids - tofu and the kids had an up-close experience with the lobster. Writing about this place because this is one restaurant I felt it was worth going out of the way for. 

Best Activities



If you have small kids who are into petting animals, this is a
one-stop place for all these needs. The package comes with a visit into their plantation. I went on a separate tour and it was quite an enriching journey (suitable for older kids - maybe who is primary school). There are also ATV rides there for the teenagers and adults. Fruits are sold there and you should really buy them because they are super juicy and reasonably priced. 

When I went with the kids, there was a power shortage and it was raining cats and dogs. We decided to visit the paid petting arena outside instead so that the kids would not be disappointed. Personally I don't think it is as worth it because within the plantation, there is an animal feeding zone too that consists of goats, cows and even camels. The paid petting arena contains more exotic animals such as llamas, racoons etc. And not all animals can be fed/ petted. 



If your kids are older, this is the place that would probably entertain them the whole day. My kids were pretty young so we didn't opt to go in. I spotted lots of family and young couple enjoying a fun day out there!

** Use the discount code "BABYNFAMKLOOK" for 5% Discount For All Klook Activities with min. spend of SGD50. Discount capped at SGD15.

No comments:

Post a Comment