Sunday, August 16, 2026

Bali (Kuta) - Best Saving Tips at Beachwalk Shopping Centre

Believe it or not, I spent a whole 1.5 weeks at Bali. By now, I think I am an expert on Bali. The family only joined for 4D3N and we had the most wonderful time. So here's a post to share some of our best finds!

Where to stay



I spent most of my time at Kuta, and Aloft was a place I called home for the whole week. Location wise, this place is awesome, it is near the beach and beside the mall. The breakfast has a good spread and was delicious. I stayed there for nearly 7 days and was not bored even at the end. There a cold brew counter that served great coffee. Occasionally, an orange juicer would make its appearance. There were also special orders available and the spread changed around once every 3 days. 

As I stayed beside Beachwalk, it became my favourite mall. Psst, most won't know but you get tourist benefits and even free shopping vouchers if you show your spending receipts (only for guests at Aloft and Sheraton)! Extremely worth it, I ended up bagging a free perfume home with my accumulated spendings :P



Generally, the food there were pretty delicious and cheaper than Singapore. Personally, I preferred trying local food and avoided if possible food if I could find in Singapore. Some food I found:

  1. Bebek Tepi Sawah (Big Photo) - It was pretty hard to find halal joints. So this is one of the few if you didn't really want to travel out. It is highly recommended and the food was affordably delicious. It is a must go!

  2. RR Chocolate: It is not made in Bali, but served lovely and exquisite desserts. It was also a great place to grab some chocolate bars for souvenirs. It was very well packaged and definitely looked more upscale than it was priced. 

  3. Tukies Coconut Shop - It was a great place to grab coconut ice-cream/ drinks if you are looking for something non-alcoholic with no caffeine. 

  4. Sushi Teh - Cheaper than Singapore, I know many Singaporeans who would visit here daily because the price was extremely reasonable. Just not me :P

After travelling around Bali, I realised Beachwalk Shopping Centre was a one-stop shopping heaven. I tried finding some of my shopping sprees elsewhere, but they were either more pricey or unavailable. Being a non-drinker/ party animal, I barely stepped out of this enclave because the beach smelled awful and I could find everything within. For massage, I just headed over to Sheraton which was a light walk away and scored pampering sessions for less than S$50 (outside Kuta, every hotel massage was nearly S$100 +). Some nice shopping places:
  1. Cosmetics: I would suggest Sociolla. It had an awesome K-brands selection, but most I could find in Singapore. I ended up leaving with some cute pimple patch, perfumes and stocked up some cotton buds. Guardian and Watsons held selections that couldn't be found in Singapore, making it an interesting place to shop. Too little time :'(

  2. Children's Clothes/ Toys: There are lots of shops there, but I wanted local brands. Head straight to the top and check out Tropisia for family wears/ tees. Discounted items are cheap. Otherwise, it is not much cheaper than SG. Doudou was a favourite of ours, especially the bucket hats which sheltered the kids from the hot sun. Given the design, it would be difficult to find something of similar price in Singapore. 

  3. Scents/ Bathbombs: Bali is sure a great place to stock up. The price though similar to Singapore, holds better scent. You can find some in Guardian and Watsons. Moksa had a pop up stall and sold a curated selection of lovely soaps/ bath products. My only regret was not buying more because it was so difficult to find another store. 
That's all for Kuta and Beachwalk Shopping Centre. Stay tune for Part 2 (outside Kuta)!
*
*
*
** To get additional discounts, you can use the discount code "BABYNFAMKLOOK" when you book through Klook for a 5% Discount. Applicable to All Klook Activities with min. spend of SGD50. Discount capped at SGD15.

No comments:

Post a Comment