Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Food Tour 13: Chinese Food

I always talk about how much more I would be writing on this series given how much more food I am eating. But somehow, I always don't seem to write as much on this series as I want. Just to share with you guys, my latest food craze is Chinese food. This means crazy amount of mala and spicy food. Thought I should do everyone a favour and share more on it :)



This place is incredilously famous among the Chinese and now the locals. If you haven't tried it before, you are missing out quite a bit in life.I was introduced to this place by a Chinese friend...and damn I love it. The soup base is fragantly spicy. I always end up dunking down 2-3 cans of cold drinks yet I torture myself more by slurping down the soup. 

Si Wei isn't really the place if you are looking for cheap thrills. I always end up spending about $30 to $40 per pax. And the worse thing is that I always fail to cut down on my drinks intake. If I drrink a bit less, I am pretty sure I can save quite a bit :P Thank god it is not that near my house. 



That exact same Chinese friend introduce me to this place. And wow, I love it too. I went there with my family once and we tried the Saliva Chicken, Mala Tofu, Dumplings, Spicy chicken etc. Personally, I think this store has a bit of hits and misses. When I was with my friend, she ordered all the delicious and yummy Chinese food that was very well suited to my palette. I didn't fare as well in the ordering with my family. 

Price-wise, it is reasonable. However, I hate its drink selection. Compared to other places, the drinks are not as expensive. But it does not taste nice as nice. I would rather pay a bit more and have better drinks. I mean when your tongue is on fire, you just want a delightful thirst-quencher to make you last longer...right?



I feel a tiny sense of pride in finding this hidden gem. Cos this place looks pretty unassuming, you would never really think it serves something that good. When I first saw the cutlet, I thought it didn't look very crispy. But I was wrong. This place actually serve very good food, especially the soup noodles. The dumpling and also spicy fungus (not in photo) was very up to expectation. 

Price-wise, it is extremely cheap for such quality and in an air-con environment too. And it is conveniently located beside Ikea. I think I would go there again, just that it has very strong competitors in that area. FYI, there are a lot of eateries around Ikea that serves good food. Meanwhile, let me go lose some weight. I am kinda of looking like a plump dumpling :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment