Sunday, December 29, 2019

Food Tour 17: West the Best

We didn't explore that much out of our zone because we have been so darn busy...oopsy. Haha, although many claims that good food only helm from the East, the West have also been pretty decent in satisfying my hunger pangs. So, today my post is dedicated to the food of the West.


1. Tan Yu

Tan Yu opened an outlet at Jurong area and plastered tons lots of advertisement on it. The thing is lately, I tend to loiter more but eat out less...haha. Every time, I see a Tan Yu advert, I am like "yum...but not today cos Dad cooked already..." So when the opportunity arose, I literally jumped at the chance to dine there. And this has quickly been promoted to one of my favourite Chinese food chains.

Tan Yu's main highlight is obviously their fish garnish with flavours (there are non-spicy options too). Even though the Hub is not much of a fish person, we managed to finish the entire fish ourselves! We also ordered the ricecakes ($7.90), absolutely devine. I could just eat it as snacks. Even their pre-meal goodies (i.e. sourplums and dried fruits) were delish. It is not exactly the cheapest meal, the fish itself already cost near $40, but it was definitely an enjoyable meal!



We were trying to find a replacement closer to home. So far, all the good jampongs are in town area. Nipong Naepong was on Shopback Go with additional cashback, it was really a good time to give it a try. I think I can understand why some people like their taste like the Hubs, but I think I am more traditional when it comes to Korean food. 

It is interesting to have a bit of fusion mix, but it wears out fast for me. I don't see myself coming back because of any cravings. I am however very intrigued by their pizzas. The next time I am going there, I am definitely going to try their pizza. 



More Chinese food! We went there on its opening day, so need to give them so slack. Overall, the soup version is way better than the dried. I got free re-fill of soup too! The noodles are especially springy and the soup is light and refreshing (a little different from the typical savoury soup).

Each bowl came with sides but the sides were honestly mediocre at best. After its opening day, the store is mostly quite packed (have been monitoring them for a while), I am guessing they have probably improved its taste. I will probably be going there for a second try soon when I am in the mood to move my fat ass. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment