Wednesday, May 19, 2021

How I solved my Mummy's Hair Woes

So like all other women, I didn't manage to escape the post-partum hair loss. I was flaking quite a bit of hair by the 5th month post-partum. Okay, I have an overly-thick head of hair, so the hair loss was initially acceptable because it made my head less fluffy, lol and it did feel lighter and breezier. 

However, after a while, the hairfall became quite unbearable because the OCD in me hated seeing hair on the floor. I spent a good deal of my free time sucking up hair with the vacuum and cleaning the bath area. It was a horrible waste of time. And...I was starting to look unkempt and had a slight bald patch at my fringe area. How unsightly!


Although I was in need of some hairfall treatment, I was also very concerned on whether it was breastfeeding safe. I needed a haircut that was somewhat mummy-friendly too. I don't have as much time as before to mask my hair or even blow dry it sometimes. Conditioning it was already considered a luxury. 

I hopped down to Toni & Guy (Mandarin Gallery) for a quick snip and Genesis Hair Fall Treatment. Really like the location because it is near my favourite places. I can grab a bite at my favourite brunch place - Wild Honey and can cross the street to Toy'r'us at Paragon to grab a toy for my baby. After the snip, I can even tabao some nice snacks from Charlie Tea. #awesome 


I am sure Mummies out there want to know more about the Genesis Hair Fall Treatment ($208). I am a bit kiasu, so after discussion with my hairdresser, we decided to skip the serum step as it will be massaged into the scalp. The treatment helps to strengthen the hair roots and prevents breakage. For me, I started to see the effect within a week

It is a 6 steps procedure which takes roughly an hour:
  1. Bain-Hydra Fortifant + Poudre Detox: Basically, it is like a cleanse the helps to break down the subum on your scalp.
  2. Booster Genesis + Concentre Ampli-force: This is a booster applied to the lengths and ends of your hair to plump the hair fibre so that they will be more resistent to breakages.
  3. Masque Reconstituant: Helps to moisturise the hair
  4. K-Water: This is applied on the lengths and ends of your hair to give it the shine. 
  5. Serum Anti-chute Fortifiant: I skipped this but supposedly this helps to reduce hairfall from the roots.
  6. Defense Thermique: This helps to protect hair from high temperatures.

I left the fate of my hair to my hairstylist and she gave me a 少女时代 doll-cut. She also gave me bangs so that the bald patch could recover. Honestly, I thought I would look stupid because I always look silly with such style, especially when there is no colouring. Have to give her credit for doing quite a good job. She thinned it pretty well and my baby doesn't pull my hair anymore. (Note: My hairstylist is Candy and this trim cost around $97)

I have the option of either tying it up or letting it down. It is a simple style but it is quite a nice style for mummies. It is fuss-free, save shampoo money (LOL!) and you can still look good. Best of all, I got a refreshing new look. I was starting to feel like quite an old hag already. Once I stop breastfeeding, I am considering a slightly more adventurous - Mako Mori look from Pacific Rim. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment