Wednesday, June 2, 2021

New Addition: A throw on my sofa

I have always hankered for a throw in my house. Since my home was of a scandenavian theme, a throw was a must-have. So far, we love our throw. Apart from being decorative, it also acted as a blanket of some sort. The Hubs would wrap himself up while reading. For me, I prefer dragging it to snuggle on my beanbag (you can read about it here!) It gave our sofa a lot more fabric texture and brought a soft fuzz to the living room!

Styling a throw  though, was way harder than I thought. In home deco magazines and Ikea, they always look so good being casually thrown around. In actual fact, it does look good when you throw it about after use, however if it is intentional, something about it just doesn't look right. Most of the time, I fold my throw in squares or rectangles so that it lays neatly on the sofa and it works like a charm. 

My throw is in fact a turkish towel. It is the Pink Ombre Peshtemal from Summer Moments. At 177cm by 98cm, it can effectively cover an adult snuggly. It is made of 100% cotton and is very light weight and soft. Best of all, I think the price is very reasonable at $35

Although we use it solely as a throw for now in the living room, I am contemplating to use it as a bed runner when we change the colour scheme. Given that it is so pretty, I find it an absolute waste to use it as a towel, might use it as a shawl in the office (if we ever have a chance to go back that is)

For parents out there, Summer Moments also has the kid's kaftan hoodie/poncho ($35). Turkish towels are very absorbant so these make great drying robes. It is really cute too! Saving tips, upsize it cos children grows really fast. The fabric is really good and soft, hence there wasn't much complaints from my boy when we slipped this on him to take some photos!

We will probably pack this piece when baby visits the pool. Don't really know when that will be given the pandemic but we are definitely looking forward to some water fun, it is getting kinda of boring - always staying indoors. By the way, there are other colours available too, but I think this shade works best for boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment