Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Cooling Weighted Blanket from Serenity Living

And so, I had my first taste of luxury in bed. Weighted blanket is quite the rage now so I sort of decided to jump on the bandwagon and test it out for myself. Mummies as you know don't have the best rest and if anything can make me sleep better, count me in!

We got the Cooling Weighted Blanket from Serenity Living in Twilight Blue (S$288) as it was the only available colour then. But it suited our house's blue theme fine. They now have a dainty pink and dusty grey shade which I am very in love with. Deciding on the colours would have created quite a bit of problem if there were these colour choices HAHA!

Quite honestly, I expected these blankets to be very heavy. I won't say that they are light but the weight is very well-distributed. You can flip and toss around and the blanket doesn't even make a sound. I have to say the bamboo duvet cover is my favourite. It is silk-like and cooling, which is great for Singapore's humid weather. But a down side is that you need to iron it after a wash or else it would look crumply like mine!

Washing is quite a breeze. You just have to untie the sides (it is is kept in place by tying them to each side) and throw it into the washing machine. The recommended wash frequency is once a month. Overall, I did sleep soundly maybe because the weighted blanket felt like a nice, soft hug


They say mummies save the best for their child and there might be some truth in the statement because my child is enjoying it now as an extended matress. Weighted blanket make pretty good mattress too (though not its intended use) because they are quite substaintial in thickness and heavy enough not to be lifted by my young baby

Does he also sleep better? I don't know but sometimes we find him curled in the corner of the weighted blanket, sleeping calmly. But I do for sure. Because sometimes I have to sleep beside him to comfort him and this weighted blanket is a god-send. Without it, my back would probably hurt and dang I am no spring chicken. 

I would think the weighted blanket is not just a fad. Give it a try if you are looking for a better night's sleep!
*** For our readers only, quote "ChaaYen20" for S$20 off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment