Saturday, November 13, 2021

My Surface Pro is finally fixed!

This is possibly one of the happiest days of my life. For a good 4 months or so, I have been living without a laptop. For most people, it is probably not too bad (since we can still use our phone). But for me, it was quite horrible because I can't write. The first 2 weeks were exceptionally bad. I was complaining to all my friends and seeking help from a lot of avenues. I was just so close to going to Sim Lim. 

My surface pro just couldn't boot up one fine day. It went dead and my baby's photos and my writing works were all stuck inside T.T And because it was a surface pro, honestly most shops don't really want to touch it. They will just tell me oh it is gone. 


For the last 4 months, I basically survived on my husband's laptop to do my writings until our baby spoilt his laptop too, haha! But sharing is always difficult because I don't have first priority to the laptop. Some of the options I considered:
  1. Buy a new laptop: Honestly, Surface Pro X looks so much more sleek than mine. It did make me wanna dump it and get a new piece.
  2. Trade in with Microsoft: Many people don't really know you can trade in for a new, refurbished piece (for around half the original price) until you call Microsoft and consult them. This option was tempting until I realised it was a re-furbished piece which didn't seem so worth it anymore. 
  3. Fix it: My budget was $300 max. to save my data. 

For surface pro owners, just go to Star Shield direct if you need repairs! They are part of Challenger and are more reputable than other repair shops (don't need to fear of stolen data). They are also very professional. They are the only store that could give me advise on what is the possible problem/ outcome.

They charge a $50 down-payment and would refund it if my laptop cannot be fixed. Thank god, it was only a motherboard issue and once it was fixed I managed to get all my data back. Best of all, it was within the budget I set aside. So now, no more delays in my post moving forward! Can't wait to produce more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment