Tuesday, November 30, 2021

For Tea Lovers

Now that I have "expelled" my baby out of me and is no longer breastfeeding, I am back to drinking tea. I have always thought that all tea contains caffeine and so I stopped taking them during my pregnancy. After attending a masterclass for Haflong Tea, I realised that this was actually not true. There are some teas that have more caffeine content (good for perking up on a tired day) while others can have zero content!

I tried out the Personali-Tea Christmas and I have to say that I am quite blown over by their tea (and mind you I know my tea).  The packaging of the tea was also quite impeccable. My father even told me repeatedly he wants to box. And you know what, I want to keep the can. If everyone wants a piece of them, they make excellent gifts for closer friends and family (price range $20 to $30).



This tea is absolutely caffeine free. Really suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers! Apart from the fact that it has zero caffeine, I was also enthralled by its mix. It had so many things in it- turmeric, orange peel, rosehips, blue corn flower and even blood orange. After tasting it, I realised it wasn't quite my thing. It does feels a bit like drinking chai.  Best brewed: 100 Deg for 2-3mins in a teacup

One thing you might note after trying Haflong Tea, is that each bag can last for multiple refills. I have this bad habit of using one tea bag for as long as half a day. Usually by the last few refills, I am basically drinking water. But with their tea bags, I can still taste a nice brew. Pretty crazy if you ask me. 



Based on my personality, this was the tea recommended for me. And I do love this tea. This tea taste of Jasmine (which is one of fav. teas by the way) and happens to bloom too! Taste-wise, I wasn't too excited about this because it sounded so normal as compared to the rest. After I tasted it, I am pretty sure this was one of the best jasmine tea I ever had. It was so fragrant!

On top of that, this is a flowering tea, which means that it will bloom in a teacup or a teapot. To see a full bloom (place it in a teapot at least 8cm tall). Each ball is basically made of a flower with leaves sewn onto it. This is not my first flowering tea, but it does bloom very beautifully. My son was mesmerised by it. Definitely a must try for those who have not experienced a flowering tea. Best brewed: 80-90 Deg


This was one of the more exciting teas for me as well because I love tea and chocolate. So I had quite a bit of anticipation for this chocolate tea. Compared to the other teas, this tasted a lot more creamy and aromatic (possibly from the chocolate). It is actually my first time hearing/ trying a chocolate tea and I think it is pretty good. Don't think it will be just an one-off fad. 

This tea contains quite a bit of caffeine, so I drink it every now and then when I need a good perk during the day. Best brewed: 100 Deg for 2-3mins in a teacup. Hope our 3 reviews help you readers who are thinking of getting these pretty packages as a gift. Especially for WFH workers, these are great thoughtful gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment