Wednesday, November 17, 2021

My Customised Tiffin : Tiffinsbycandy

I feel like I am becoming a lot greener. I would now think hard whether I need the item before committing to it. Also I find myself recycling and blessing items a lot more. I actually quite like this about myself. So, during Covid, my husband and I found myself taking away (tabaoing)a lot more. We cut down on the utensils (always used our own) but we wanted to go one step further and cut the down plastics used

So we thought of using a tingkat (tiffin). Just so you know, in the market, tiffins come in many tiers (from 1 deep one to as many as 4). It really depends on the type of food you eat. For soup dishes, 1 deep tier works well. For noodle soup, you would want 2 tier to separate the noodles and soup so that your noodles won't be soggy. If you like mixed vegetables (aka cai fan), then 3-4 tiers are perfect. 


For me, the material used to make the tiffin is very important. After all, it is used to contain food. As a woman, I wanted a pretty-looking tiffin. I mean, we rarely even go out now. A tiffin might a more used arm accessory than my own handbag. I came across Tiffins by Candy and was really impressed by their variety and best of all, it is even customisable

A 2 tier cost about $22+ and a 3 tier cost $25+. I went for 3 tier cos it seemed more value for money. I have to admit I struggled with the design because there were so MANY choices. In the end, I settled a Peranakan batik looking print because Little Nonya was replaying on TV :P


You could even customised words too! I tested the system (lol) and customised chinese words "一口吃不成胖子" Well obviously, I picked these words because someone was obviously eating too much and was trying to psych herself that one more bite won't kill her. It was also awesome that each set came with a set of recyclables utensils

Personally, I felt these made pretty decent corporate gifts because they came in a nice box and the whole set was really put together. It also has a nice environmental message to it. The price was also rather reasonable too!


These tiffins also make excellent deco in our house. The Hubs kept reminding me that I need to use and display them during CNY when the guests come over. Apart from deco, we also use the tiffin to clean the milk bottles while we were at staycation (read here about our innovative use)

Sometimes, I have to say our forefathers do it better. Tiffins are amazing products, which bring quite a lot of convenience and can have multiple uses. By the way, if you are into other customised products. you can check out TiffinsByCandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment