Sunday, November 7, 2021

Baby goes to USS!

Most parents must be wondering why on earth did we bring our child (who just crossed 1) to USS, it is probably not value-for-money as there is nothing much to do. FALSE! Quite the contrary, we saw many families with little children roaming around. 

It did help that we were using our SRVs and children under 4 can enter for free! Total damage was around S$50 (including some souvenirs). To be quite frank, I really wanted to go to a theme park (2 years stuck in SG is driving me a little imbalance.) and it was my first time going for the Halloween Horror Nights (yes it was a lot more muted but I can't take the horror). As usual, some tips from us to make your trip to USS fun and fuss-free!

  • Brace yourself for the crowd: As parents, most of us are trying to avoid crowded places given the Covid situation. We went on a weekday and there was still quite a lot of people (as compared to the other attractions in Singapore - near empty). Personally, I think there is still enough space/ boundaries. There are some teens that came in group but I don't want to be a party pooper and rain on their parade. 

  • No more shows: It is a bit of a downer for me personally. But legends say that the mascots are now more free than ever to roam the place. Somehow, we didn't manage to get any photos with the mascots (only see 3 teams max). Some kids are also quite frightened of mascots, mine isn't but it is quite a pity that we didn't manage to get any. 

  • Bring a power bank: One thing I love about theme parks is how they seemingly bring you to another land. My favourite areas for photos are definitely the Jurassic Park and Fairy Land. Having said that, it is pretty difficult to do anything when you have a child around. That's all the family shots we got but I am really satisfied by how they turned out. 
  • Rides: If your baby can sit upright and can walk a bit, they can go on the rides. We took King Julien Party Go Round (2 times), Dino Soaring (long queue), Treasure Hunter (2 times) and Accelerator. By right, he should be able to go on the Crate Adventure but the person in charged barred him. Oh wells not our day. 

  • Opening Hours: USS is no longer open daily (only from Thurs to Sun) and starts operation only at 12pm and rides start at 2pm. So most people only start streaming in from 2pm onwards. As the sun sets, families with kids will start leaving. My kid managed to last from a good 1pm to 7pm haha cos he really loves being outdoors!

  • Toilets: I felt there was a need to inform about this because some of the toilets were close. The toilets we went all had a diaper changing area and they were all amazingly clean :D
  • Pack light: If you really want to take the adult rides, try to pack light. We only brought our stroller, a carrier, a diaper bag and stuffed all the snacks/ milk/ food in. No snacks for the adults just a giant 2L bottle of water. Most of the time, we just dump our stroller/ carrier at the parking area and would run on the rides with our diaper bag. Haha. I have grown smarter too, I use a poncho instead of an umbrella now

  • Bring your own food: Most of the eateries ain't open and for those that are open, it isn't baby friendly. I brought instant food and packet milk this time round. The weather isn't very good so it was difficult to feed on the go. My playful didn't want to waste time eating. So he would suck on his bottle of milk in queues. 

  • What to wear: I attempted to wear a costume. Bad idea. Just dress comfortably cos our weather is rather humid. I did dress baby up in a jinpei. But it was really airy so good call on my end. 
  • Sales: There is a lot of sales so we did end up getting a gingerbread toy (cos my baby wouldn't let it go) for a whooping $10. I love it too by the way. Each of our tickets came with a $5 retail voucher so it gave us a great excuse to buy some souvenirs home. 

  • Sitting arrangement: We still have to sit in 2s, so it is quite sad. Sometimes one of us would have to be a loser and sit alone. I managed to squeeze on 2 adult rides when our baby was asleep. Thank god the Hubs is not into rides because there always has to be one tending to the baby. Haha. 
Overall it was really fun. With a baby, I am taking rides I didn't use to take and it is quite impossible to finish the park when your little one insist on walking slowly. Sighs. Haha. 

*
*
*
Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment