Saturday, July 9, 2022

Preparing for #2...New pram again

The pram is honestly one of the best buys we have gotten ever for Baby #1. We use it every time we go out and the mileage is so high. But with high usage, it also means it is disgustingly dirty. There are times the diaper would leak and pee/ poop would spill out

Don't judge me, but I used to be very conscientious in wiping the pram clean after every use. I would even put a towel on top of the seat to make the cleaning of leaks easier. But after Mummy went back to work, I guess time isn't really on her side anymore


We came across Pram Wash and decided to give it a try. Honestly, it was the poop that really disturbed me. We couldn't exactly remove the cushions from the stroller to throw into the washing machine ourselves and with #2 coming, I felt grossed out that this little one may have to lie in the brother's old poop. Yucks. 

There was the option of sending it at Vivo City (which is actually still pretty convenient for us) simply because Mummy likes to shop at the huge Fairprice and Mothercare, lol. 2 way home pickup and return delivery (at an additional $16) is also a pretty good option if you are feeling kinda heavy, nausea and just don't want to move anymore. We went for Option 2 in the end, cos we needed the stroller back before the weekends. 


Funny story, the collection guy came and somehow our toddler caught sight of him wheeling his ride into the lift. He went into a 30-minutes melt-down insisting someone stole his carriage and the adults should wear their shoes immediately to go after him. Gosh, lol!

I did this with an intention of doing a review so before my pram was collected, I took photos of all the visible dirty spots. Mainly it was dirt stuck on the wheels, footprints on the cushion areas cos my son redeveloped a bad and very dangerous habit of standing on the carriage and also some less visible dirt at the cranks. I am so sinister I know, but this is for a baby and I am sure you readers want to know what sort of services we are actually getting. The pram didn't have a poop smell. Some of the paddings were already removed because they are removable and we clean them quite consistently already, so there wasn't a point. 


The stroller came back the next day and I received a note from Pram Wash informing me that some of the older stains couldn't be removed. Immediately, I instinctly thought it was the cranks. The stroller came back nicely packed in a giant plastic (which could be reused to pack bigger items at home). I did search for the stains and couldn't find them. After much inspection, I think the unremovable stains were referring to the marks in the basket below the stroller. 

I won't say it was much of a big deal cos we usually dump all the "soiled stuff" in it and...we have never cleaned it (not once). Also the kid doesn't have any contact with it. I even sniffed it to ensure that there was no chemical smell because I am particular like that. I showed this to my husband and he was like...oh this is so clean, #1 should just use the spare pram so that this can be kept pristine for #2. I am like what?!? I guess it is kinda obvious who is his new favourite now. 


We went for the Ultimate ($138 before delivery cost) because the real concern was the poop (and now that I see vomit, I don't think I can deal with cleaning up vomit from the pram). Now that I have went through the service, it is really good if you need (i) an occasional cleaning (because poo/pee is quite inevitable), (ii) have a new baby coming and you want to keep things fresh or (iii) you bought/ received a used stroller and you are particular because of the pandemic

Apart from strollers, you can also send in your car seat, soft toys and they even have house/ car disinfection services. Soft toys might be my next target because our toddler has so many soft toys and they can quite hard to clean sometimes. At home I give them a monthly lite treatment. But if he ever vomits/ pees on them, these toys are going in for a fresh wash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment