Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Food Tour 26: Affordable good food

I received some "feedback" that the food I am sharing seems to be on the pricier side, oops. I feel a bit apologetic but these are the type of food I generally eat. A good deal of my "non-existent wealth" is truly spent on food. But I do "indulge" in budgetted meals and these in my opinion are highly worth raving about. 



I have walked past them serveral times and somehow I never stepped in. I think it is because the exterior doesn't look that inviting. But dining there, I quite like it because the food was really good, the ambience didn't feel too cheap either and there was no service charge! Most people probably go there for the steak but we weren't in much of a beef mood, so I had the shoulder lamb ($19) and the Hubs had the pork collar ($16).

If you avoid the beef, you can save quite a bit. I also really like the variety of sides. I love that you can have 2 servings of the veg and they are not just poached but well marinated. We should have stepped in to this place earlier because I am quite a fan of their food!



Quite honestly, this place was so badly located. We wouldn't have stepped in if we didn't kinda of gotten lost at Plaza Sing (too much reno works) and we were in a rush to get home. (Our LO was waking up soon, so we had to decide fast.) It is another beef place but oddly we went for fish and chicken instead, which resulted in some nice savings

It is more Jap style and the sides I feel is more normal compared to iSteaks. In terms of pricing, it is slightly lower and hey, there is free ice-cream too after the meal. It reminds me of a nice dating place for Uni students. Don't get me wrong, the food is good but it is just not my first choice, would pick iSteaks over Bizen any day. 


3. Queensway Shopping Centre Laska

This is just hawker food so obviously it can't cost that much, hahaha. This is one of the few laksa which I would eat in Singapore and it does defines what I feel is a perfect laksa. Interestingly, I don't know the price, lol! because I would just order when I am shopping at Ikea. It is my must-have! If I remember correctly, the price is slightly higher than the other hawkers but trust me it is worth every calory

Usually I would also have their muah chee and sweet corn. I tried their pork chop. It is not too bad but it is not something I would go out of the way for. The curry chicken is also very popular among the diners but I only like my Dad's curry chicken so I don't really bother eating it outside. But do note, this area is super cramped and you can't really sit there for long and chit-chat. It is a eat-and-go thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment