Sunday, September 18, 2022

Italian Film Festival: Ennio

At this rate, a lot of people might think the Hubs is Italian. No he isn't, it is just that we feel a strong affinity with Italy and hence we are sharing a lot more lately on their events, culture etc. I think a lot of people are unaware about this cool event, but the Italian Film Festival is currently ongoing from 14 to 25 September. 

I am not sure about you guys, but I love watching foreign films in theatres. My reason is actually quite simple, it is because it will never be shown on TV. And also, it is such a niche market, it is unlikely to be streamed online as well. Miss it, and you might never really get to see it...ever. 

We went to catch Ennio during the weekends at the super interesting - Projector. (By the way, the triple sandwich there was so amazingly delicious.) I wanted to watch a few more - Superheroes (Supereroi) and The King of Laughter (Qui Rido Io) but time wouldn't allow it. Maybe next year, if they screen it again (fingers crossed.) Or maybe I will have better luck on the plane. 

I am sure many of you don't know who Ennio Morricone is, no shame because the husband also only knows his music and less so of the man behind this iconic music. The documenatry movie had such a deep impact on me that I couldn't stop listening to his cinematic music on replay. If you love your cinematic music, please go check it out!


I felt like I got this at a steal because we even managed to attend the Q&A to know more about the art scene and distributorship. The movie was initially 6 hours long and I really want to see it turned into a series. The movie focus a lot on the music composition technicalities but I also wanted to know more about Ennio as a human and how he lived his life daily. 

And somehow, maybe because I am a wife myself, I wanted to know more about his wife too. The whole movie is mostly in Italian so you really have to focus. I stepped out twice (dang my bladder and hungry tummy) and I really regretted missing some portions. (The queue for food may take a while depending on what you order. I chose hot food.) 

Can't wait for the next Italian event by the Embassy of Italy, I am so in love with what they have in store for us so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment