Saturday, September 10, 2022

Milestone Unlocked: Teeth Brushing

I feel so proud of myself someway or another because I have successfully motivated my kid to brush his teeth (again). Initially, I did managed to make him brush his teeth without toothpaste (Read here!) but because of my nausea during the first trimester, I lost momentum and so did he. 

It was particularly worrying because our little one actually had a full set of teeth. And I was scared with all the sweet munching (yes he has a sweet tooth like me), he might end up loosing his teeth or even worse with unsightly teeth decay if we didn't put in effort to help preserve them. 

It started off with him fiddling with his Busy Book (You can read more about our review from Hi Buy Mama here!) I noticed he was very keen in helping the Hippo brush his teeth so I thought this could be time. Coincidentally, there was a sale at MotherCare and I picked up some adult looking toothbrushes and flouride-free toothpaste recommended by a random mother. 

To not lose the momentum this time round, I quickly set up his toothbrush and toothpaste in a nice cup. He would step on his stool every night and morning to brush his teeth with me. I realise he enjoy brushing with me and would imitate my actions. This also became a bonding session. Hope this article helps other parents who are struggling to instil a teeth brushing routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment