Saturday, October 15, 2022

Staycation at Conrad Centennial


One of the perks of having a child still on formula milk is that he can bring you on staycation. This staycation at Conrad Centennial was kinda of provided by our kid. We thanked him when we stepped in the hotel because this place is gorgeous. As a 5-star hotel, Conrad has this old grand vibe which I dig at. The room had a superb view (heard you can even see national day fireworks and the F1 race if you go at the right period) and was incredibly spacious with a sofa, bathtub, shower area and 2 basins!

Most of their clients are business travellers so I won't exactly catergorise this as a child-friendly hotel. During the pandemic, they did open a Kid's Club but it is no longer there. Still, my kid was very excited about the room. Some momento they provided include a rubber duck and a bear which my kid couldn't get enough of. He insisted on bathing with the rubber duck and fell asleep hugging the tiny bear.


Conrad is so conveniently located in the city centre that we ended up spending most of our time outside the hotel. The husband initially wanted to make a trip to GBTB, but my kid wanted to spend his time in the free playground at the child-friendly mall - Marina Square. I was fine with it because there were quite a lot of shopping centres/ shops for me to pass time. And my husband was happy with food selection and coffee joints. So basically, everyone had their needs met, haha. 

My son was so excited about the bathtub we decided to go to Lush and grab a bath bomb as well to enhance his bath experience. Usually, my husband would have forbid me from splurging on bath bombs but I guess if the user is my son, things are different. We ended up having a soak as a family (fully dressed, we are not as open-minded as the Japs, haha), so I guess that made the bath bomb very value for money!


Good thing I brought a duck float along (the duck float is coincidental, not planned) because the pool is at least 1.1m deep. Initially, the husband was complaining about me packing the swimming gear and floats, which I have no idea why since I do the post-staycation cleaning anyway. But in the end, he conceded it was a good call on my side because our boy asked to go swimming (at least once every day). 

He was so excited to see the float being pumped up that he went to sit in it immediately. LOL! It took quite a while to convince him that we were going swimming and she should get changed. He spent most of his time asking his father to push him in his float or playing at the steps/ sides of the pool. As Conrad was fully occupied, we could only extend late check-out for an hour, but that was sufficient to make swimming possible. 


I read some reviews which spoke highly of their breakfast and I agree! Even my husband who scorns hotel breakfast admitted this had standards. I wish I had more stomach because all their food tasted so yummy. There was even waffles and ice-cream! The apple and celery juice though interesting was too healthy for me to down it, haha. 

We only spent 2D1N at Conrad but I had such a great impression of them I told my husband this would be our choiced hotel moving forward so that we can accumulate the max number of points with them. Haha! I will miss you Conrad, but we will be sure to visit your other hotels around the world! 


Interestingly, this luggage was also a free gift from Aptamil! Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment