Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Maternity Goodies - Mama's Choice


I am not sure about other mothers but I am pretty particular about the skincare and oral products I use during pregnancy. And that's because some of the ingredients used in these products may not be pregnancy safe and may pass through our skin and affect the foetus. 

Mama's Choice sent me some of their products and I am quite excited to try them. Their products contain zero harmful chemicals and use mostly natural ingredients. They also hold a huge selection of products, covering all the Mummy's needs from pregnancy to postpartum. There are also products for the baby as well!


1. Stretch Mark Cream ($16.90)

Just to caveat, I already have strech marks from my first pregnancy, so I am basically just trying to reduce the amount of new stretch marks this time round. Honestly, I can't tell whether the product helps to reduce stretch marks. But when I apply the cream onto the reddish/ purplish stretch marks, they do become fainter.

The cream doesn't feel very sticky and is fragrant-free. Tip for new mums: Always apply generously even when your stretchmarks has yet to appear. Also stretchmarks may appear postpartum so do continue to apply even after delivery!


2. Oral Care Bundle ($7.90)
Inclusive of Non-Fluoride Toothpaste ($5.90) and Natural Mouthwash ($3.90)

During my last pregnancy, I have to be honest and admit that I was really bad at keeping my oral hygiene. I would brush my teeth only once a day. There were many mothers in my groupchat which ended up having teeth decay and I was fortunate enough to not be one of them. I received free samples from Mama's Choice previously so I actually used these products before. I would think they are the reason why I kept my pearly whites cavity-free. 

So far, this is the first time I came across oral products targetted for mothers and I was quite amused with the green toothpaste. Basically, both products don't contain alcohol and flouride. For mothers who have bad morning sickness (like me), the products didn't induce nausea. :) Would recommend this!


3. Herbal Oil ($15.90)

This product is insanely good. I have really bad leg cramps during my third trimester and would use this to relieve them. It helps to relax the massage and reduce the frequency of the cramps. The oil is not sticky has a very distinctive scent (fromt the cajuput oil), which is also the secret to treating sore muscles and joints. Never seen a product that works as well as this, strongly recommend all mothers to have a bottle of this at home. 

Updates: I had Mummy's nursing pain in my forearm. It was so painful I considered taking a painkiller. I applied the oil an massage that strained muscle for a month. And voila, within a day, the pain was no longer there!
*
*
*
Note: We will be reviewing more of Mama's Choice products so do follow that tag if you wish to know more!

No comments:

Post a Comment