Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Milestone Card: Yay or Nay

Now that I am a second time mum, it is funny how my husband's friends would ask him to consult me on some Mummy's stuff. Am I seen as an expert? I guess I definitely know a little more, thanks to a healthy dose of research done during the previous pregnancy and also I guess from experience. 

Recently, I shared my "updated" hospital packing list (will share here on a later date, but you can refer to the old post here) and my husband's friend asked erm...what is a milestone card. I felt it was still a necessity and left it in my list. Lol!


For fathers especially who are bound to be confused, Milestone Baby Cards are basically beautifully illustrated development cards to help capture all the development milestones of your baby's first year. First time mothers are especially enthusiastic in it and I think most are able to sustain in the first 4 months. I am proud to say, I actually took DIY themed shots for every month for my firstborn. 

Although this is my 2nd born, I intend to apply the same enthusiasm and has amassed clothes for her 12 "photoshoo months". When people ask, why do I need so many clothes for even my 2nd born, do I even have that many occassions to dress her up? This is how I find the occassions. 


This time round, we are using milestone cards from Happy Starts ($15 only!). This series is particularly cute and appropriate because our little one will be a cub princess. I have already packed the welcome baby into the hospital bag. Like the last round, I intend to let her take a photo with "Welcome Baby" and her father will write her birth details, like date, height and weight on it. :)

Given my track record, I foresee myself these 12 cards in the deck. They have other cards too, but some may be harder to catch. Sometimes I do cheat, the first sit may not be the baby's first sit and the same goes for first stand. My previous deck didn't really have holidays version so I am quite excited for them too! Stay tune to catch the cute photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment