Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Pororo - Revamped

The last time we've been to Pororo was in 2011 (you can read about our review here). I always felt Pororo was the best indoor playground for the young toddlers given that every corner has protective sponge all over and the train is such a highlight for my kid. It has since been revamped and we were quite keen to check it out since the younger kid hasn't been here!

The key changes was that the old carousel was replaced with 2 sponge-looking carousels, which adults can no longer join the ride. (Not as fun if you ask me). The kids supermarket was replaced with an expansion and fancier cafe. Because the cafe sells food and drinks at a very reasonable price, no complaints from me. Haha. There was a new spinning cup station which pleased the children very much!


The indoor gym area was changed quite drastically. It was definitely a refresh in terms of outlook but I found the play areas pretty mainstream. Their old play area had more interesting areas that couldn't be found in other indoor playgrounds like the human spinner. Generally, the kids couldn't be held down as long in one area. We even had time to watch the shows/ take photos. Either that, I have learnt to better maximise my time. 

Also, they had lowered the age for free entry from 1 YO to 9 months. The train was still a highlight for my #1 but my #2 was crippled with separation anxiety and she is almost 1.5 years old. She preferred watching from afar. She was quite happy to spend most of her time at the ball pit and other pits and was quite reluctant to venture/ try new play areas. She is definitely not here to maximise our money worth, LOL. 


The kids found new love with the Hinoki Pit. I don't remember it being much of a fun the previous time. But they enjoyed loading the pails and pouring the beads over each other, digging holes and placing pails on their head. We spent a great deal of time there. I concluded that kids and their definition of fun is so different. Overall they still had a lot of fun.

Don't really think I will be coming back another time unless I have another kid. Maybe it is just me, but I prefer indoor playgrounds that I can have a bit of fun too. I can't even fit in any of their rides and some of the tiny spaces. It seems like the expectations is just for me to leave the kids to run wild...but what I am really looking for is quality bonding through fun and games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment