Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Food Tour 43: Off the beaten track at Clementi

We were touring the Faber Hills Estate the other day and fantasizing living in a bigger house (LOL!) and we came across their enclave, so we decided to give it a try since it seems to have people driving in just to try out some of their eateries. Having said that, is there even a way to enter without driving in? The walk in seems long and arduous



I always felt this area lacks good Taiwanese food. I guess I was wrong because this place serves very decent and homey Taiwanese food. We tried the braised minced pork rice ($8.80) and Taiwanese beef noodles ($13.80). Both were very reasonably priced and satisfying. We also added some poached vegetables ($4.80) so that we had some greens to go along so the meal will be more balanced. I had a lot of things I really wanted to try on the menu. Sadly, I didn't bring a big enough group. You know what? I will be there again. Haha. 



Down the street, there was an ice-cream/ coffee joint. The weather was so hot we had to give it a go. This place had quite a bit of good reviews, but...the ice cream were pretty untasty. Another kid literally spat out his cup and refused it as I was ordering. The flavours were truly exotic but not very palatable. The coffee was pretty average. I guess if you are stuck in the enclave and is looking for something/ somewhere to chill, this was your only choice. Otherwise, there is no way I am coming all the way in for this.  



This is definitely comfort Japanese food. Also, it is not very expensive. The only problem is that it is very out of the way. My personal favourite was the Spider Roll Soft Shell Crab Roll ($15.40). It tastes as good as it looks. The food we tried were all above expectations. In fact, the next time I am here, I would like to try their sashimi. Usually, I prefer going to reputable joints because they tend to have fresher cuts. But, I am putting my bet on this. 

They also had a meat bbq which looks really tempting. Can't wait to find an occasion to gather the people to try out their platter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment