Thursday, March 7, 2024

Shangri La: Inspire Inclusion High Tea Review

It is international Woman's Day and it is no better time to celebrate my mother (and myself). After becoming a mother myself, I have learnt to appreciate my own mother more. My Mum never stops mothering. Even now as a grandmother, she will be seen "mothering" my children so that I can take a breather, achieve career goals and basically stay sane. 

This Woman's Day, we brought her to the Inspire Inclusion High Tea for Two Persons at Shangri La. The portion is definitely good for 2, but we brought along 2 more mini humans because their company bring more joy to my Mum than me. LOL. 

One of the other reason why I was confident enough to bring 2 kids on my own to meet my mother there is because Shangri La is quite a spacious hotel and has plenty of room for my kids to roam about. Also, I know the hotel well enough to find scenic spots to entertain my children (even without Buds) and the toilets locations for emergency diaper changes :D

The Inspire Inclusion High Tea was held at the Lobby Lounge and the high ceiling diffuse the loud voices of my children. (No discreet stares from others.) The High Tea itself ranks high on my list. It was not surfeiting and it was easy on the palette. We finished every single morsel. We also appreciate the effort the chef made to make most items in the shade of purple, in line with the colour of their partnering non-profit organisation United Women Singapore (UWS).

The set cost S$98+ and for every set purchased, S$5 goes to UWS and support their causes. The Inspire Inclusion High Tea will be available till 31 Mar 2024. Personally, I think this is a tea set that gets both our tummies and heart and is an awesome place to bring a woman that inspires you to. Just to break the notion that kids are not welcome at tea time. Here's a place which you can embrace your children should you bring to bring them along. 

The savory items on the tea menu is less suitable for the children, but they are bound to love the sweet stuff and scones. Top it up with some fruit juice, their day is made. We even drop by the bakery to get something special, but we will save that for our next post :P

No comments:

Post a Comment