Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Wonderland: Another exhibition at Artscience Museum


There has been quite a hype on this exhibition, Wonderland at ArtScience Museum already. In case you haven't been there yet, I thought it might be useful to let you guys know that this is not an Alice-in-Wonderland sort of exhibition. Be prepared to tumble down the rabbit hole and go through the film-making process of Wonderland.

The whole exhibition is very interactive, however it may not be entirely suitable for the your kids. I just don't think they are at the age where they can appreciate the props, sketches and background tidbits of Alice. And to be frank, not all the adults could fully appreciate it too...(heard a guy behind muttering this is truly a riddle and he has no clue what is going on...lol)


I think it is really about your expectations, because to be fair, I too expected a Disney experience and less so on the evolutions of Alice. But this exhibition did spark my interest in Lewis Caroll. I even bought an original book *giggles*. I googled quite a bit on Alice's quotes and am just quite fascinated how much truth these seemingly frivolous quotes hold. Here's a few of my favourite:

“Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where -' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'- so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.”

“Alice:How long is forever? 
White Rabbit:Sometimes, just one second.”

I can't go back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”




Here's some animation and videos I recorded of my experience. Enjoy~!~ And a lame contest between the hubs and I on who can design the best imaginary character. Haha. I won the poll by the way, just saying. Personally, I don't really find this exhibition worthy of the typical insta-hype. But if you are keen to learn more about Lewis Carroll and the tale behind the tale (love this self-made riddle), then you have to pop down for a visit! For a better deal, check out Klook and yes, it is cheaper if you buy a bundle and visit more than one exhibition in a day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment