Sunday, July 7, 2019

KURIOS: Cirque du Soleil

You didn't hear it wrong! Your gal went to the premiere of KURIOS and is here to tell you every juicy bit of it (without trying to spoil your show.) Unbelievable as it may sound, this is actually my first time at a professional circus. My previous experiences were at the cruises and I thought I basically have seen it all.

But I guess I was very wrong because the Cirque du Soleil just blew my mind away. Whatever I never imagined was shown before my every eyes. And whatever I imagined (but thought was not possible) was made possible on stage. I was just absolutely mind-blown.


The photos alone doesn't show much of the experience. I was clapping, cheering and in anticipation, fascination and trepidation as the crew did their acts! I was in quite an adrenaline rush that I was completely exhausted by the end of the show. This is what happens when you are a very engaged audience. Lol!

Quite honestly, my seats weren't the best. I thought it would affect the experience but nope, the troupe would still engage the side-liners. I am pleased to say I still had a pretty darn good time. But I would really suggest buying the best seats (and VIP experience) if you really want to have a chance to be part of the act (psss, the troupe would go down the stage and have audience contact who sit in the centre!) or want to have exclusive backstage passes!






If you want to surprise element, I would suggest not to wiki the show or even watch some of the snippets I filmed. Do note that outside food and drinks are not permitted, so you can either stuff yourself before you attend the show or be prepared to pay prices (around double to triple) for the snacks and drinks.

The souvenirs on the other hand was very reasonably price and of really good quality. I was very very tempted to shop to buy the steampunk-themed merchandise. The charms accessories and bags in particular are very, very tempting! So be prepared to have some spare cash at hand if you intend to bring home a part of the circus.


This is probably a part of the premiere perks. But I saw so many stars - Elvin Ng, Cynthia Koh, Jacelyn Tay, Dick Lee, Qi Yu Wu and Joanne Peh. Woa...I have to say Jacelyn and Qi Yu Wu look exceptionally good up close. I think I sort of bedazzled Qi Yu Wu a bit with my funky dinosaurs on my ears...*gives myself a pet on the back for dressing well!

I am really glad to be part of the Kurios for a day and I can't wait for the Cirque next act already. It is definitely very worth your time and money. I showed so much appreciation for them I went home with painful hands from all the clapping. Guess I was "The Greatest Audience" for the night! Hehe. Thank you Kurios and Sliding Doors Entertainment for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment