Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Nuts about you: 2NutGuys


I might not have shared here, but my son loves his bread - fresh out the oven, toasted, he loves them all. Plain bread in my opinion is not very nutritious for a growing boy so I am always on the lookout for toast recipes or healthy spreads. 

When 2NutGuys asked if I was keen to try out kids-friendly nutty spread, I jumped at the opportunity. Mummies who have been through the weaning journey would know that these little ones can't take sugar before 1, so when I tested my kid for nut allergies, I used those from Scoop wholefood.  


The spread from  2NutGuys uses almond nuts which I find comparatively more moist and a lot yummier. However, in terms of price, it is slightly higher ($31.60 for 500g) than that at Scoop wholefood ($24.90 for 500g). .During my pregnancy, I had gestational diabetes (you can read about the diet here). My gynae then suggested sugarless nut spread (if I could take it). I didn't really bothered trying because I assumed I couldn't given my sweet tooth. 

It was only my boy came and I ate his leftovers that I realise that sugarless nut spreads were pretty delicious because of their natural aromatic oil. Also, they were very healthy. My son really loves them too, and I would recommend them if your kid loves eating bread.


Baby also tried out their macadamia nuts and walnuts. I like that it is resealable so it quite good for playdates. Baby shared it with his friend. As of now, he only has 8 teeth in total but he is such a foodie that he would grind bits and pieces with his front teeth. The other kid (who has a full set of teeth) and us mummies ate most of it because it is yummy and we have more teeth. Haha and also because I tend to restrict him from eating too much flavourful food in a day. 

Now, baby biscuits isn't as appealing to him because they taste rather plain so he craves more flavours. Personally, I prefer feeding my baby nuts and fruits because I think they are healthier and more natural. But that is me. 2NutGuys also has a laceration set for Mummies which I guess I will only review when we have a Baby #2 hehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment