Wednesday, October 6, 2021

A fuss free 1YO birthday party

The Covid situation has made a lot of things really difficult. Given the restrictions, we couldn't invite a lot of people, so make things work, I basically IGS some highlights with my friends. We only invited our direct family members. With everything scaled down, procurement became a lot harder especially when you want to keep the $$/ pax down. 

Some of my friends were telling me to ditch party planners and just sort of buy the necessary deco ourselves. Erms...it is not as easy as it looked. For the 2nd party, I jumbled up my loot - some cheap 99 cents balloons off Shopee and came up with something so disorganised. Firstly, the balloons were much bigger than expecteed (in fact they were bigger than the birthday boy itself) and that caught me off-guard. See above!


Thankfully, I didn't adopt the same strategy for the 2 days. For the first and main party, we got the customised party box from Daisy Entertainment. Basically, they just deliver everything to your doorstep. The planners don't come along (which won't add to your pax count) but still it was fuss free to set up. You don't have to buy and blow up the assorted balloons and think about the colours combination. 

My son woke up to balloons in the living room and he was so thrilled. My family was also quite impressed with the set-up. My brother was telling me how detailed it was. They even drew wavy lines on the balloons to make it more in line with our space themed. It was a gigantic pillar of balloons which we shifter around to hide the ugly areas of the house in the photos!


Apart form the balloons, Daisy Entertainment also provided these beautiful hand-painted name-blocks, which I am absolutely in love with. Somehow, it makes the whole deco a lot more premium too. I love how it can be used as a prop for so many things. I basically moved it around because they were so pretty. You might even see them in future birthday parties and his nursery

I really don't want to be that comparing mother but sometimes I just can't help doing it. Unless you are really artistic and have a lot of time on your hand, most DIY projects would look like the sad state of my #2 party :'(


Food wise, we did takeaways for both. Because, we had a lot of old grannies as guests, we decided to have Chinese food instead. That ruled down quite a lot of places. There just ain't as many established Chinese Restaurants as compared to fastfood chains. Overall, the party was really fun. You can read more about our equally eye-catching cake here and some other events we did here :P

In the end, I am glad we decided to still hold a decent one instead of doing a shoddy one because of the restrictions. Many of our friends who seen our IGS also did feel like "they were kinda of there" and gave us thumbs up for the effort we put in. Sometimes, I admit I thrive on validation :P

No comments:

Post a Comment