Wednesday, January 19, 2022

KidsSTOP - Fun, educational and value for money

Am so happy to share this place - KidsSTOP with you guys, this was where we initially wanted to go on the eves but there were no slots. No wonder because we only spent $4 (free for kids below 18 months). It was rather fun and instagrammable. It ticked all my checkbox. 

From baby's perspective, he probably still preferred Pororo Park more since everything was made to his height. And there were structures for him to climb very safely. KidsSTOP, in comparison is a little more suitable for a toddler and every station seems to forcefully put in some science concept


Basically, KidsSTOP is under Science Centre and it feels more like a government non-profit project. For Singaporeans, it is $2 for adults on and $5 for a child (above 18 months) during off peak. The husband bought a ticket for our kid by mistake and even managed to do a refund at the counter rather effortlessly. Profiting attractions probably won't do that. 

Given the price tag, I wasn't expecting much. But I was blown away once I step in because all the exhibits were so thoughtfully put together. It has everything what an indoor playground (which charge you an arm and a leg) has at such an affordable price. The space area was also huge. My child only managed to play (maybe a quarter) of whatever that is available. 



Not every exhibit/ station is suitable for a toddler and even within the exhibition, some probably won't be appropriate either. The farm area was one place we played the longest and I even managed to chat with a tourist Mum and gave some insights how the education is like. So, my poor kid has been labelled "home-schooled" because we decided to let him start school like in our time around 3-4. 

But this apparently is perfectly normal overseas. To cast all this name-calling, I will be doing a post/series on the "curriculum" I have for my kid so that more parents would feel assured taking this normal route. For info, my kid is still considered advanced as per the PD. That's why I always get a bit riled up when people speak of my child like he is going to be a retard simply because we didn't choose the kiasu route. Proud Mummy moment was when my son followed the other older kids and managed to slide down himself too!


Exhibits suitable for them apart from the Farm includes the nice shiny sand play to dig for Dinosaur bones (my son hates sand haha), tessellation glow in the dark exhibition (nice photos but he doesn't stay too long inside cos there isn't much to do), engineering area (super fun but limited number of people can go in, I was stuck outside while the guys had fun) and the supermarket area (which apparently had a cooking area which my kid didn't venture to cos the area is pretty big)

But don't worry, cos kids make their own fun. Even in the unsuitable exhibitions, you can just keep a watchful eye over them so that they won't trip and fall. I took him on a hurricane stimulator (bad idea!) and it probably left him scarred. Bad Mummy moment, oops. I do try a lot of things with him sometimes to find out what ticks him hehe. 


My boy was obsessed with this wind generator which spells danger everywhere. He did learn how to move a wheelbarrow and mustered courage to walk through a veil. So, money well spent. The toilet is also very children friendly. This boy was so at ease he took a dump in the middle of his play. 

KidsSTOP was even fun for us parents! And after a good play, there are lots of lunch  and shopping options at JEM, West Gate and JCube. Whee~~Will probably sign up a membership for him when he is older because we do see ourselves going there quite often!

No comments:

Post a Comment