Wednesday, November 16, 2022

For Fellow Diabetic Mothers

So Gestational Diabetes struck again during my 2nd pregnancy, now that I am more prepared I was less whiny and upset by the whole ordeal. I did a post previously on the list of the food (read here about it! It is everything you need to know about gestational diabetes!) and their results. I had this impression that I could rely on it and pass all my prick test with flying colours. 

But it didn't work that way. Apparently with age, the body's tolerance became worse. I felt I ate a lot less or had to be a lot more conscious about what I am eating to not fare badly. For my last pregnancy, I basically work from home and most of the time it was during lock down, so I basically ate the same food everyday. This time round I did a bit of experimenting (some didn't go too well) and found some food that was both fulfilling and diabetic-friendly. 


Under
  1. 1.5 wholemeal bread (with hummus spread) - 5.1
  2. Confinement Trial Set from Nouriche - 5.4
  3. Hardboiled Eggs with Strawberries - 5.2
Pass
  1. Noodles with 3 dumplings + salmon + tofu + a slice of cake + half a cup of yoghurt - 6.5
  2. Oats with egg and veg - 5.8
  3. Thunder Tea Rice (Less Brown Rice) - 6.0
  4. Oats + 1/8 mooncake - 6.4
  5. Pesto Grilled Chicken Set (from Eighteen Chefs) - 6.7 
  6. Fried Rice - 6.2
  7. Black Chicken Soup - 5.7
  8. Seabass and Ratatouile - 6.0
  9. Lamb Set with Veg Sides (from iSteaks) - 5.6 (Read about my review here!)
  10. Sofra Turkish Set - 6.2 (See meal in picture above!)
  11. Thunder Rice (Veg Only) + Coffee - 5.4
Fail 
  1. Mos Burger (Fish burger without sauce- 7.7
  2. Pizza Set - 7.7
  3. Homecooked pasta with mushroom and asparagus -7.2
  4. Salad Set (with chickpeas) - 7.5
  5. Starbucks Breakfast Set (Wholemeal Bagel) - 7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment