Thursday, December 22, 2022

Pretty Gowns from Friday Moon

For my maternity shoot, I wore 2 extraordinarily beautiful gowns. Many people asked about them because they look so flattering on me (a fat lady) and I myself felt beautiful and confident again in them. My dresses are rented from Friday Moon. You have the option to buy them, but it doesn't really make sense for me cos I don't really see myself having much occassions to wear another dress of this sort (next pregnancy if any maybe). 

First of all, I have to say that the details on the dresses are super intricate. There were beadings, sheers and laces. Very feminine <3 They felt a lot like the premium wedding gowns and when I tried it at home, I felt so magical I even twirled for my husband. The dresses were also very comfy and not too difficult to put on

Ida (Rental: S$134; Purchase: S$350)

This was my favourite gown of the day. The theme of the shoot was floral fairy and when I wore it, I really felt like a fairy. The gown is a nice shade of lilac and wraps the curves at the right places. It was extremely flattering on me. My son was in love with it and my husband gaze was upon me for pretty long when he saw me in this. It wasn't only my heart that fluttered, this dress might just have given me wings to fly. 

Although the lilac was a baby shade, it did give a nice pop of colour when photographed among the greenery. For ladies with sensitive skin (like me), you will be happy to know that the sheer fabric was very soft and not at all pricky. The gown has to be tightened by a corset, so it can basically fit ladies of all sizes!

Emma (Rental: S$88; Purchase: S$195)

To be honest, I didn't feel confident at all wearing this piece even though the dress was gorgeous. I didn't expect the bottom to not have a inner lining so I was basically wearing nude colours pants underneath. It is partially my own fault I guess because I borrowed my husband pants which I could barely zip up so it was pretty much dangling precariously during the whole shoot. 

Fortunately for me, the photography team was very encouraging and told me they could basically photoshop the pants silhouette away. I am glad I calmed down after because the photos turned out to be beautiful. This gown has a beautiful long train and the husband and I did some some couple shots which turn to be so wedding-like! <3 It did make me want to do another wedding shoot again. 

*
*
*
FYI, apart from the gowns,  Friday Moon also rents/ sells robes which I didn't feature because this is an outdoor shoot. If you are a bride, you should consider renting a robe for your big day. For my own wedding, I didn't wear a robe before I don on my wedding dress. I never felt it was a problem until I saw the actual wedding day photos. I was in my mismatched PJs and the photos didn't come out as instaworthy. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment