Saturday, December 31, 2022

Newborn Shoot: Lil Pumpkin Studio

We are so happy to share that our little one's newborn photos are out and they look so cute. To be honest, I doubt we were going to get much photos because this one is a super light sleeper. She could barely sleep through her 2 hours straight and would always either startle herself awake or somehow wake up because of slight temperature/ light variation. It was worrying (for me especially) because I might die when our nanny leaves after confinement. 

Truth be told, she was fussing for a good 1.5 hours and most of the photos were only taken within a short 30mins span when she was asleep. All I can say is Lil Pumpkin Studio have very fast snapping speed. I only managed to witness one set of photos taking before going to pump. And voila the subsequent series were shot. Wow! 


We sort of wanted the photos to be ready by Christmas so that we could share the Christmas series of photos with our relatives and friends (humble brag, lol!) And time wasn't exactly on our side. Most studios would take a month before passing us the photos. Lil Pumpkin Studio released all the raw images within 2 days to us and most were good enough to be posted and used. 

In fact, I only picked 7 pieces to be edited further and it was mainly because I looked really shagged in them. For new parents, the newborn shoot is usually taken within 14 days of the child's birth so that they can contort and be wrapped like a ball. And it is hard for any mother (even an energetic one like myself to recover within that period), so photoshop magic it is. 


If a light sleeper for a newborn wasn't hard enough, we had a barely awake toddler along in our family shoot. But this was probably the more meaningful shoot because it is our first official shot as a family. In the ideal situation, it would be great to have a smiling toddler and infant. But I am happy with what I got. And will be printing some pieces to frame. 

Generally, the photoshoot experience was quite fuss-free. They provided most of the props. Some of the props were from me because I had a lot of such things at home (haha) and I always like a bit of personal touch in my photos. Coordinated dressing was a bit tough for us cos we don't do family tees. We ended up wearing navy which seems a bit too dark for my liking but that's the only constant shade in our wardrobes. 


My mother dropped by also to provide some help in case our toddler got cranky. And we got a 3G shoot which I absolutley love. It capulates the mother's love - mine for my kids and my Mum for me so well. A tip for new parents, always invite your parents to the shoot. My in laws witnessed my firstborn's shoot and was intrigued by the process. My mother missed the last one so she was glad she caught this one. 

Finally, ending the post with another favourite of mine. I was always wanted to dress my little girl in tutus like a ballerina princess. Guess wishes do come true ~

No comments:

Post a Comment