Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Food Tour 29: Not So Good Food

We are always eating and to be fair not all food we eat are great...sadly. So here's a list of food which is really not up my alley. Sharing it because I get angry when I put on unworthy calories and I don't want you to suffer the same (fat)e as me. 



This was really quite annoying because I had such high expectations. The ambience was great and I had a nice Marina Bay Sky view with perfectly plated food. The taste was just off. Went with a bunch of people and everyone said the same. This was the CBD 2 pieces set lunch - I was so disappointed I even gave desserts a miss. If I remember correctly, these are the Iberico Pork Loin ($48) and root vegetable Consomme ($20). For the price we are paying, I definitely can eat something tastier.



There was a point there were quite a bit of influencers raving about it and there would be a long queue outside the store. So, I was always very curious about it. Finally, I paid them a visit now that I pop and have lesser food restrictions. After trying the food, I am pretty sure the reviews from the influencers are paid and not to be mean, they are lucky to even survive the pandemic. The fluffy egg is really good... but not good enough to be worth the hype and price. The coffee was excellent by the way (Well saved Common Man!) 



I am not sure if you guys noticed but restaurants now tend to have an operating time and the kitchen will stop operating at around 3pm until dinner time. This was apparently so for most of the places at Marina Square. I had no choice but to dine here because I was hungry. There are quite a bit of people there (not sure they are there by choice) but I personally felt the food a bit blend for my liking, won't see myself coming here again unless there is no other choice. The chilli, however, is fantastic and can be bought back in bottle form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment