Wednesday, February 1, 2023

A guestroom so fine - My Oak and Sand bedsheet review

My son's room sometimes doubles up as the guestroom/ quarantine room (should any of the family member gets re-infected with Covid). And this room serves only the finest bedding I have to say. And this fine bedding is from Oak & Sand. If you don't know, one of my favourite materials for bedding is tencel (the other being bamboo). 

The bedding we featured is the Tencel X Naia Luxury Bedsheet Set ($179.90). Not cheap I know, but the comfort level was WOW. The colour collection is decent but if you want a wider choice, check out their Tencel Lyocell Premium Bedsheet Set ($108.50). Personally, I am digging the Languid Lavender Purple and Himalayan Muted Pink. 


Some of my friends also use Tencel sheets and would complain that the sheets would get some piling after washing in the machines. Mine never did. Here's a tip: You need to put the sheets in a washing net before putting it in the machine. And also, always read the instructions. If you are too lazy to read the instructions, cold water is usually safe. 

My only grouses with Tencel is that they crease easily. Yes, you can see it in the photos. That's because after being a Mother of 2, I no longer have time to iron my beddings. But if you do, the sheets would not just feel like lying a Hotel Bed, it will even look like a Hotel Bed. 


Here's a closer look on the comfy beddings. It is really silky soft and smooth. I would have to agree that it was definitely made for the humid weather of Singapore. It was cooling even if you weren't using the air-con and just the fan. Our mattress were a bit thicker than the normal mattresses but this sheet still fits snuggly. The set doesn't come with the bolster set. But the bolster price is quite reasonable ($19.90) and the price can drop lower with promotions.

Overall, I would really recommend this set, especially the bolster cases cos the price is really CHEAP! My son uses these sheets even though he is just a toddler because that he sleeps a lot longer through the night in cooler beddings. If he has better sleep, I too have a better rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment