Thursday, August 15, 2019

For Ladies Only: Reusable Pads


This was a particularly hard review to do because periods don't come every day and when it does come, it sometimes slipped my mind. Cos when the blood flows, there is so much more things going through my mind. Hahaha. 

Being more eco-friendly now, I have long wanted to try out washable pads. Some of my friends told me it was too disgusting and it was much easier to use the disposables. And also was it even hygienic? Thank God, Hannahpads answered my curiosity and I finally got a chance to try them. 


Generally, reusable pads are made of cotton. They are organic, toxin-free and very friendly to the environment. Unlike the synthetic pads, I did not develop rashes when using these pads. They were surprisingly absorbent and I did not have to experience moistness down under. I was initially afraid of potential overflows and leakages. But fortunately my tight undies prevented any red boo-boos. 

Hannahpads have 6 sizes -  for your different flow needs. And they have a good variety in terms of design too. Each pad would last for about 2-3 years and you would probably need a few for a cycle. In terms of price, I don't think there might be any overall savings financially, given that a pad can cost between $15 to $30. If you are planning to make the switch, the only standing reason I can think of is for the environment.  


To be honest, washing was a nightmare. I have never seen that much blood and my toilet looked as though I murdered someone. Every time you go for a toilet break, the dried blood on the pads also truly scare me. Part of me wondered, will the pad every be clean again? But with water and soap, you can barely see any bloody remnants after the wash. 

Personally, I prefer using the period undies over rewashable pads given that I feel that both are pretty much the same concept. Period undies seems a little more convenient without the need to put on the pad at all and you won't that pad line on tight-fitting clothes. Also, period undies have black designs that cover up the dry blood. If you are curious about period undies, you can read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment