Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Journey with Artisan Glam

Cos my photos in my last post were filtered, so some of you wondered if I have acne etc. all over my face. I think I have been fortunate in that area (thanks baby?) cos my skin has been relatively clear and I have a nice blush-like glow all day. But it wasn't always like that because the first month of pregnancy, everyone kept commenting I looked tired and I had very ridiculously bad outbreaks. There was a point I had Derma Angel pimple patch plastered all over my face.

It was during this period Artisan Glam sent me some their masks to try out. It was very exciting because Artisan Glam held a lot of brands and some of the masks were very interesting such as bubble tea flavoured. To sooth my skin, I tried the Forest Beauty Tea - Oriental Beauty Tea Moisturising Mask. It helped to repair the skin and replenish the moisture and after that I didn't use further products and my skin more or less maintained its condition for the next 2 months. 


Given its effectiveness, I actually wanted to continue masking my face weekly and at the same time satisfy my own curiosity on the other flavours, but I got pregnant. You may not know, not all facial products (including makeup) are safe during pregnancy. That's because the ingredients may not be safe for the baby. During the first trimester, I was too exhausted to do that much research on each and every ingredient, so I decided to stop using all facial/ cosmetics products. The only product that remains thus far is Cetaphil face wash. 

Given the drastic decision I made, I have to say I am quite thankful for all the preliminary work I have done on my face. I am not sure whether pregnancy hormones enhance your skin or merely just maintain your skin condition. But I did heard of some mothers who started having break outs. Artisan Glam was really kind about it and told me I could take my time to review the rest of them after I pop. And really, it is such a waste because the circuit breaker period is such a good time to do home spa considering you can't go out. I haven't tried the rest of the products, but Forest Beauty Tea - Oriental Beauty Tea Moisturising Mask is good so you guys can give that a try first! You should be able to find it in Watsons, which is fortunately still open during this period. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment