Friday, September 4, 2020

Melon Makes: The hardiest clay earrings in town


I am a bit embarassed, because I have been moving so much I haven't been taking good care of my latest clay earrings collection. Technically (and also according to the care guideline), you shouldn't be shaking the box that much, that vigourously. But because it was in my luggage, it was beyond my control.

But...I have to admit the clay earrings from Melon Makes is extremely hardy. From my experience with clay earrings, theirs are probably one of the more well made ones. It doesn't break from pressure and the designs are also very intricate and identical for those designs which are not meant to be asymmetrical.


1. Seashore 

Now that it is in the covid season, Iam sure many of you are as bummed as me being start at home. I pretty much missed out a good opportunity to fleece my husband off a babymoon. Maybe this also explains why I am allocating a lot more money (whether is it clothes and toys) on the baby frills instead. I guess some Mummies will tell me that this is a much better way to spend money. 

The seashore earrings are just a reminder of what I have missed out - a nice beach holiday. But nobody is stopping me from putting on sunshades in the home (and wearing a swimsuit) while building (sand)castles in the sky. Lol!


2. Autumn Leaves

This is one of my favourite in the whole series. It caught my eyes when I first lay my eyes on all of the because of it its intricacy. If you look closely at the leaves, you can even see the details of the leaf veins and feel it too!

Personally, I like that this design comes in 2 colours - green and brown, showing a nice circle of life. The leaves in spring slowly turning brown to prepare for Autumn. If you are a nature-lover, I am sure you will love this piece as much as me. Same-same-but-different sums this up best!


3. The Stud

This is my only stud piece in the collection. Actually, I have to say we almost used this as a cuff link in one of my husband's photoshoot. Yup, that's how hardy all this clay earrings are in, to the extent they can used for something that is not what they are made for. 

I always have a slight bias for the simple, marble-art classic design, but this one doesn't quite make the cut for me. On its own, it looks great. But because the colour is a little on the faded side, it doesn't really stand out much when it is on my ears. It looks a lot more like a plain white stud. :(


4. Seashell

Another resort vibe earrings! Picking up seashells by the seashore. As compared to the seashore piece, this one is a bit more classy because it is of neutral colour. This piece would look absolutely great with a maxi dress. Just that, there is really no occassion for a maxi dress. And the growing bump is limiting my choice of clothes. 

Quite honestly, I only brought the earrings from Melon Makes to my in-law place and I think I did a right choice because I basically have every style I need all from one place. And I am sure glad I didn't pack that light because I had last minute date plans etc. Heng, I have earrings to dress and spruce up a bit!


5. Rectangle Blocks

I sort of saved the least-favoured for last. To be fair, it is really because I love the first 4 better. Generally, I prefer accessories with a theme. Arty designs sometimes doesn't really go that well with me. Although I am not entirely a fan of this piece, I am sure many others would dig this. 

Firstly, the colour contrast is really gorgeous. And if you are into asymmetrical pieces, this would be something you would adore. I never knew that pastel blue and dark blue could go so well together. By the way, these are only some of the designs you can find at Melon Makes. Check them out and be careful not to break your wallet...hehe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment