Sunday, September 20, 2020

Baby Nest: Projects Nayra


Patience has never really been my strongest virtue. But this package stayed wrapped for the longest time ever. Okay, I did try to open a tiny weeny bit just to have a peep with my Mum glaring at me from the side. Admittedly, I am very excited about this because this was specially customised for my child. I am very grateful for the owner for Projects Nayra for going to spotlight to hunt down the fabric for me. 

That day, it was my flu-day (somehow I seem to catch the flu bug once every trimester) and was feeling shitty and death-like. There was no way I would have survived a day out. So I spent some time scrolling through the online catalogue and sending Projects Nayra unsuitable fabrics...lol! But from there, the owner managed to figure my likes and dislikes. 


Tada...I am not sure if any of you are familiar with Peter Rabbit cos it is so old-school. Haha. I have quite a bit of softspot for this mischievious little one cos it is a little like me in my younger days, always slipping in and out of trouble. The print isn't entirely very childish/tacky looking but yet soft enough for a child. The fabric is really soft but can get a bit crumply when washed (without ironing). The minky's colour may also run a bit. 

Just to share a little more, as part of the baby nest, you will recieve a husk pillow (I didn't know so I went to get baby a few already...oops), a pillow, a bolster and a matching blanket.  For the pillows and bolsters, they come with a case which you can easily wash along with the blankets. For the nest and other beddings, I used my Acquassimo sanitiser to give them a good spray. Thank you Projects Nayra for the cute unicorn to add to my little one's growing unicorn collection Hehe!


I am happy to share that baby's cot is now all set up with his nest and little friends. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a nest, I learnt from another mother that it is quite a safe way to let the baby co-sleep with its parents in the early stages as it provides good demarcation. If you use it inside a cot, you can safe on the cot bumpers. The other beddings should be set aside first and used only when the child is older to prevent accidental suffocation. You can also loosen the ribbon at the bottom. 

There are some babies who absolutely hate the nest cos it might be a bit warm for them. But since ours will be resting mostly in an air-conditioned environment, it should be fine for him. Apart from the cot and bed, you can also bring the baby nest to the living room and let him interact with other family members when he is older. :) Will share with you guys more updates after baby arrives and settles in his new home :P #soexcited

No comments:

Post a Comment