Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Battle of the Organic Baby Wet Wipes

During baby's first few months, we tried out different wet wipes samples. I thought there might be some merit in doing this post to share with fellow mummies and daddies my favourites. My baby doesn't really have a "golden bum" so we have the luxury of choice. (Note: If your baby has sensitive skin, you may not be able to pick and choose from the variety of brands.)

The few criteria we look at includes (i) pricing, (ii) ease of pulling out each piece, (iii) moisture and (iv) as chemical free as possible. I am quite a hoarder so my price may be based on cartons...hehe.




I was exposeed to this wet wipes after joining Huggies Club. It is made of 100% pure water and works out to be S$0.04 a piece (might be cheaper after stacking even more discounts)Hands-down, this wet wipes won the hearts of both the Hubs and I. It is the thickest and the most moist among all the wet wipes we have tried. Also, it used the least number of wipes to clean up a poonami

Useless fact alert, the wet wipe even got pattern on it, haha! As we didn't try out the value packets, I am not sure whether the wipes will clump together and if the stick-on seal will work as effectively for a bigger packet. But for now, the small packets are our must-haves in our diaper bags. Ranked #1!



WaterWipes is  the agreed #2 because of the price. It is at S$0.11 a pieceWaterWipes contains only 2 ingredients 99.9% distilled water and 0.1% grapefruit seed extract, and thus I would deem it to be chemical-free. It is also sufficiently moist for even the worst poonami and you won't use more than 5 pieces for it.

As mentioned, I don't really like clasp so this stick-on packaging works really well for me. It is easy to open and locks the moisture within the wipes well. The only problem was only at the end of the use when it starts clumping. I am actually quite baffled as to why this isn't as wildly raved by mothers (maybe because of the price), so here's a big shout-out to them!



I got the Cloversoft at $0.02 instead of the $0.06 a piece direct from their website making it the cheapest among all the organic wet wipes. (Note: They did some adjustment to their pricing so now the wet wipe is like more expensive than before.) Cloversoft doesn't clump even till the end and the stick-on seal even though isn't as robust as WaterWipes does as needed, keeping the very last wet wipe moist till the end.

But the biggest problem with Cloversoft was that it just wasn't moist enough. We ended up using 11 pieces during a poonami, which might make it even more expensive than the rest during one diaper change. (P.S: We can't just look at cost per piece but must look at cost per diaper change). I got it during the sale so it wasn't that bad and this also explains why it was ranked within the top 3. 

*
*
*

For info: Personally, I am not a fan of wet wipes with fragrance, so any wet wipes that has a fragrance is automatically ruled out and will not be even considered in my comparison battle. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment