Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Thumb for Lego

If you have been following my blog for a while, you would know that I am quite a fan of Lego. I also have a soft spot of local crafters. When I came across the work done by Thumb for Lego, I felt obliged to do a post on it. If you look through the videos on how he makes each piece, you would feel the pain and hard work that goes into each thumbdrive. 

The Lego thumbdrive I have to say makes a very good gift for Lego fans. It is both practical and adorable. It is also very unique, I don't think you will ever pick up the wrong thumbdrive but I have to be honest...don't save too much important documents in it. Because I am sure there many thieves out there who is eyeing on your thumbdrive (less so your important documents).


When I show the Hubs and Lego fan friends the behind the scene video, the first thing they commented was "woa...so much work, sure not cheap" Crafting it sure isn't easy and I am sure given the tools used, there must have been quite a bit of injury while honing the skill. And for all this, Thumb for Lego could have charged a lot more. 

You will be happy to know that you can get a piece at S$36. For the rarer piece, of course, you may have to pay a little more. Still, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. A Lego keychain typically cost around S$10, this means you are pretty much paying only S$26 for the crafter's effort!! Here are some videos of the exclusive behind the scene. Be prepared to be in awe. My advice: Quickly stock up for Christmas and anniversaries before Thumb for Lego inflates the price!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment