Wednesday, August 18, 2021

5 uses for 1 bath toy

I always feel that there is more than one way to play with a set of toys. And the more uses you find for it, the more value for money the set is. Those who have been following me for a while would know I have some obsessions with unicorns and nautical items. Since my child is a boy, I have been accumulating quite a bit sailor-items for him. 

He is not exactly 12 months yet, but he has been quite receptive and curious about a lot of things lately. So we thought it was time to introduce him to more bath toys. B.Toys' Fish N Splish Floatable Bath Boat (S$67.10), apart from being chunky and filling up half our foldable bath tub, everything about it was lovely!


1. Great for Storage

I have to admit I was initially attracted to its looks. All the bath toys can fit snuggly into the toy boat and honestly, it even looks cute as a deco in our toilet. Haha. We don't have a bathtub so if were to use every toy during his bath time, my child would barely fit in. So...I just leave the boat outside and rotate the toys haha. *The boat can float by the way when empty :D


2. One of the toy is a comb!

The set has many toys, and got all grounds covered. You don't have to keep buying different toys. Just one set, bam, you got everything settled! The boat has a mirror at the side. My son's favourite star fish can even double up as a mould should you go to the beach.

If you have sharp eyes, you will notice that one of the bath toy is also a comb. We didn't exactly have a comb for our baby before this, so this was pretty handy. I really enjoy combing his hair now as he frolics around in the tub with his new-found friends. A pretty adorable comb, don't you think? This is one of my favourite piece along with the captain!


3. Water Sensory Play

I am not sure if it is the same for all kids, but mine really love the showering effect. Yes, you can see his grubby hand reaching out even when Mummy wants a clean shot. The set comes with 3 mini pails with holes at the bottom

Tip: I find it easier to wash their hair with such toys. The traditional method is to use a hanky. I have tried the hanky method and I think it doesn't wash the shampoo off their hair as cleanly. The hanky method is still the preferred method when they are infants, but when they can sit or are both comfortable with water, I find some pails work better! And after a while, they won't be afraid of showers anymore!



4. Fishing

Not only does my child love this set, I enjoy playing with it too. The hook allows you to fish out some of the bath toys. I have tried showing my child a few times but I think this is too advanced for him now. He just tries to eat the hook and the stick. You can play with them either in water or on dry land. 


5. Picker

Another dry-land game, I also use this set to train my boy to put things in and take things out! This can't exactly act as a sorter, but my child can't sort yet. So this is the closest I can do to get him interested in "sorting" Sighs!

If you are planning to get a set for yourself, 5 uses for the price of 1! :P
*
*
*
Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment