Sunday, August 15, 2021

A Gallery in my home - Bleak Illustration

A lot of people miss out on the decorations for the walls. It is an important element because otherwise the house just look like another showroom piece without your vibes in it. To be quite honest, I told my ID to copy pictures of houses I like - one of that being my friend's. Without the tiny touches, our house look pretty much the same. 

You only have that many walls in your house, so we did put thought on what we wanted to hang up. We agreed that we wanted to feature local artists and their works should reflect either one of our personality (We are on the different end of the spectrum you see.)

We came across Bleak Illustrations and I really love her cats and also the dark, whimsical pictures on the notebook. I had a thought, this would look great on our walls and I am sure our guests would also love to be introduced to her works. Psst, she has the digital prints in bigger sizes too!

You guys must be wondering why we opted for digital prints when she has art in other mediums. Firstly, digital prints are cheaper and a lot easier to maintain. We ain't exactly art connoisseurs and I would freak out if I ruin an exquisite art piece. 


Tip: For cheap and decent frames, you can consider Ikea. Usually, their supply management is quite robust. But lately, there are so many items out of stock. I waited for months before the design/ size I wanted for my frames were available. If you don't want to wait, you probably can change to something else but I am that sort of people once I set my sight on something, I am willing to wait :P

I didn't know this before but Ikea has quite a huge variety. There are different colours/ depth/ designs on the frame. There is quite a good pick! It is also rather easy to assemble the pictures, I actually had quite a bit of fun doing this with my brother although I did attempt to put the wrong side of the back in. Oops, thank god I didn't continue with my ambition to become an engineer. 


Currently, I have a gallery on the floor of my dining area. It looks good like this too, but because I have a curious baby - this is probably a disaster waiting to happen. (But so far, he has been cooperative.) The only reason why it isn't hung up yet because the hanging stuff at  Ikea is out of stock too. Oh manz!

For the designs, we picked Hermit Hotel, Sleepless Nights and Wonders of Space. I was limited by the fact that I couldn't hang too "dark-themed" picture lest it scares my boy. So we picked these cheerful looking pieces. Will update again when they hang up on my wall, so stay tune!
*
*
*
Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment