Sunday, August 1, 2021

My door is always open


So, we revamped the play-room. Initially, we were pretty against the idea of a playpen because our baby is sort of a free-spirit. He really enjoys roaming and the Hubs think it is just too cruel to lock him in one place. Eventually, we decided to give it a try but we agreed that the door will always be open, so as not to betray his trust

I made effort to place his favourite toys within the pen and made the whole place inviting. The transformation could be felt immediately. My living room became an adult space and the kids toys were confined within the pen. The whole place felt so much neater!


Overall, the playpen was very easy to assemble. Each set came with a door. You had the option of anti-slip shoes or suction cups at the bottom. We opted for the anti-slip shoes because our tiles weren't exactly that premium and could take a bit of scratches. You could turn the knobs at the gate to tighten it. 

After securing all the knobs, the playpen was very robust. Baby was quite smart, so he did fiddle with some of the knobs, nonetheless the structure was still very stable maybe because the gates were pretty heavy themselves. Personally, I am very particular about the "smoothness" of the product because I would hate it if baby scratched his porcelain skin because of it. Am proud to say it passed the test


Honestly, this is a life-saver. I, myself would be quite drained after playing with my kid for an hour (includes running after him and stopping him from touching "dangerous items"). My house isn't very child-proof to begin with and now with this playpen, I can keep the rest of my house the way it is, yeah! And I have so much more energy after each play session

Most importantly, baby was receptive to it. At the end of the day, this is his play room. Only when he enjoys himself in it, can we safely say ok, this works. This 14+2 solution from Raab Family would set you back by $179, but the sanity you receive from this, awesome!

Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment