Sunday, June 12, 2022

Hello Baby #2

I am so excited to share this news with you guys...we are expecting a #2. Suddenly, I am sure it all makes sense to you guys why I am suddenly missing in action. Given that I am going through this "experience" a 2nd time, you would think that with prior experience, this time it would be a breeze. Hell no, it was worse.


  1. I had real bad nausea, and unlike #1, I had absolutely no idea what was the trigger. So, I pretty spent a good deal of my after-meals puking and resting to prevent myself from throwing out. It lasted from Week 5 to Week 13, but damn though it just seems to be 2 months max. I felt like it was eternity.

  2. I was prescribed with Diclectin and it didn't work. But I hung on to it because I needed hope and I believed in the placebo effects. For mothers who want to know, I had "withdrawal" effects. I would end up heaving more heavily when I attempt to stop/reduce the medication. So in the end, I only used it for urgent situations - i.e. meetings. 

  3. Nausea was my biggest issue this time round. I couldn't even swallow water, so I ended up almost getting a early stage diabetes. The solution (suggested by my gynae) was to take chamomile tea. I restricted myself to 2 teabags a day because I am a huge believer of moderation and things started to look up.  


  4. Exhaustion is still a problem, but I sort of mitigated it by outsourcing my toddler to the extended family. In the day, my in laws would care-give. At night, my husband would pick up the slack. My parents did weekend duty. I didn't have much Mummy Guilt because the kiddo was having so much fun with someone different. 

  5. I am surprised this one made it thus far. I am serious because my toddler really love bouncing on my tummy and it took a lot of effort to tell him this is no longer possible. Believe it or not at 18-20 months, we managed to sell the concept that there is a baby in tummy and now he helps me cream my tummy and wishes the baby good morning every day. He still occasionally slaps my tummy but apparently toddler plays are pretty harmless.

  6. I was somewhat depressed. Because my body was shitty, it took a beating on my mental state. I thought of quitting everything I was doing. But I didn't...every time I had such thoughts, I went to sleep HAHAHA.


  7. My diet restrictions started early as well. Eating is a real pain. It is so hard (expensive too) to replace carbs with cooked proteins/ vegetables. Now that nausea is better, I am hungry most of the time. 

  8. Going to bed hungry, this seems like a recurring theme too. So I always sleep it away. I think my bump looks smaller this time round. Haha. Sadly, womb service has never been a thing in this family even for #1.

  9. Despite my numerous grouses, I am still pretty stoked we are expecting a 2nd baby. A bit earlier than expected...but the older brother seems ready for a new playmate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment