Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day

I feel like I let the husband down, haha, cos I totally forgot about father's day until IG reminded me about it. Last year, it was pretty much a muted one for him. I guess men don't really care about being celebrated. But still, I thought he should be acknowledged since he is a pretty hands-on Dad. And he seemed pleased that we care


We started the day bright and early with a grilled meal made by yours-truly. I was so inspired by a TV show that I grilled the breakfast and made some scrambled egg for the son. I also made some chrysanthemum tea. I know I don't really appear to be the traditional sort but I love brewing such handmade drinks for the family and my friends hehe. The husband also had a cup of vitamin C. 

The only con about grilling is that the floor became really oily after that and we had to do a mop-up cos I hate a sticky floor. The husband volunteered to do that maybe because the meal was so satisfactory. Though I would think it is more because I am pregnant and housework is proving to be quite a challenge. 


The husband suggested making a trip down to Star Vista to celebrate the rest of the day because the mall is looking kinda of different lately. He suggested eating at Monki which serve pretty decent taiwanese food. I went for the oyster mee sua, which was pretty good but not as good as ChiaYi Chicken Dry Noodles. That was the best ever!

Maybe because we came at an odd timing, most of the other food which we wanted to try was unavailable. We had to settle for the Taiwan Fried Chicken Cutlet which was amazingly delicious. We initially got that for our toddler but he ended up rejecting it. We have been dreaming of making a trip to Taiwan thinking the food would be more palatable for the little one, guess this dream is now officially dashed. LOL!


Ended the day with some chocolates from Lemuel Chocolate. I was so intrigued by it because I could smell the freshly made chocolates 5 stores away. I just had to give it a try. I went for the chocolate drink and a dessert. Chocolate on chocolate was a terrible choice. The desserts was divine. I think it is much better than Awfully Chocolate

The son obviously love it too. Have to admit that Star Vista is having a nice selection of eateries, will probably go there another time to eat to my heart's content :)

No comments:

Post a Comment