Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Hungry for mooncakes

Mooncakes are so sinful, especially for a pregnant lady like myself, I really shouldn't be eating so much. The truth is I love mooncakes and I am those idiots that can eat half a piece myself daily. This pregnancy is very different from the last. My son kept me pretty slim throughout. Although I am much more active this time round, I am so much fatter. T_T

So less, mooncakes this time round. Nonetheless everyone at home sort of bought a box and I had so much to try. I decided to do a post on it cos there is one very disappointing one and it was bought by me :'(



Everybody is here to know is shitty here goes...This crap sucks. I definitely got it at the lowest possible price cos I bashed them on my social media (and from the replies I got, this price was the lowest possible one) But you know what it is not even worth $15. I only tried the Mao Shan Wan Durian Snowskin and the Docello Hazlenut Mao Shan Wang Durian Snowskin, which I preferred the less famous latter. The packaging is terrible too, it was a tacky golden cooler bag in a similarly tacky golden box. 

I don't know whether this was a case of overly-high expectations. I admit I cave in to buying it because of the reviews of Food King which Aiken was raving how good it was. Dude, stop acting cos the durian puree is good but not that divine. And the snowskin just didn't make it for me. It was just too gooey. Don't waste your money and calories on this, durian puree itself is so much more satisfying.


It was on one-for-one and we found someone to share. We bought this because we were very curious about it. We are actually impressed with the packaging cos they gave us a wooden box for it. In fact, a lot of people asked if we wanted the box cos they wanted it LOL! It is a very nice piece of chocolate, but I can't really taste the truffle. And the 3 brown mooncakes taste alike to me...

I don't think I will be going for it again next year because I think I am more used to the original snowskin/ baked mooncakes. I don't really want to eat a whole piece of chocolate in the shape of a mooncake if you know what I mean. 


3. Yuen Fatt Mooncake

This was the best I ate this year and I am absolutely in love with it. My BIL bought it from Shopee but I don't know the price and which shop to buy from. After I told my friends/ followers how good this was, everybody wanted to know more information about it. But I don't have info on it and I was too paiseh to ask my BIL. I only told him to buy again this year. 

This is the sort of mooncake I can eat 1/2 to 1 whole piece daily. Initially, I did judge it cos it looked so long and weird but after I ate it I would always open to box to check if anyone had cut and allocate the pieces. The filling is really good and I can safely say the same for all 3 flavours. 
*
*
*
Generally, this year's mooncakes are quite disappointing. Am not sure if I will do a part 2 because we have a lot of different brand mooncakes at home. Is just that my husband's family don't have the habit of waiting to take nice food photos. They attack the mooncakes very fast so the photos in this series look the most unflattering so far HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment