Tuesday, August 30, 2022

We won our first baby's popularity contest

To be honest, before joining one ourselves, I have never understood why parents were still busy rallying for likes/ votes despite lagging behind. We didn't start off strong and I could feel the stress. LOL! Our friends were barely on Facebook and we basically relied on my network of contacts to make it there. (Note: The husband couldn't remember his Facebook password and just decided to not vote instead, wtf)

Such contests are usually very successful because parents don't really /can't live with themselves if they fail to "try" for their kid. I was joking I can be unpopular but not my kid, haha. We made it eventually in the end, but I can ensure you it was so paiseh to rally. And so, this might be our last popularity contest


Oh and here's the funny thing, we don't even really want the prize cos it is some silly bedding (not even a full year supply of milk). So from a outsider's point of view, this is irrational and ridiculous. My husband and father have even offered to buy me the prize, LOL! They concluded it was easier than rallying/ monitoring

I guess when you sink in too deep, there is no way out. Guess we only want the winning glory. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment