Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Themed Full Month Party

Covid has been quite a downer on everything. Initially, we thought of shelving the month-old party and throw a 100-days party instead. But the hubs side being uber traditional (said it sounded like the mourning for a funeral), we trudged ahead with the one month party. Being just out of confinement and still breastfeeding, I am drained as hell. But I thought no matter what, I shouldn't shortchange my boy. 

His one month didn't fall exactly on Halloween. As it was very, very close to Halloween, I thought why not make it a Halloween themed! At least, we can all have a bit of fun even if it is for the family and the 5 guests (which is still family members) LOL!


1. Red Eggs + Ang Ku Kueh + Cakes

This was the first thing that had to be settled. Because quite a bit of our colleagues were still working from home, we needed a place that could give vouchers. In the end, we decided on Bengawan Solo because they had many outlets which made collection easy. Also, they were very reputable and did not have bad press of mouldy cakes (shall not name who here). Although, comparitively, I think their price was a little on the high side, the packaging and taste made up for it. What you pay is what you get. 


2. Food

The next thing we had to settle was food. We did think of engaging a caterer but the Hubs and I agreed that the quality of food may be sub-par and for the same value, we could get food that we really wanted to buy. Most of the items are homecooked except for the sushi platter (Umi Sushi), curry chicken loaves (Golden Pillow 933) and Johnson Duck. To make the food match the theme, we used cupcake toppers ($6.90) from Give Fun. I have to say it looks pretty good for a home affair. 


3. Dressing to the theme

Sigh, this was supposed to be the easiest, but it turned out to be impossible. What I never did anticipate was his growth spurt and he could no longer could fit into his Thor hat from Sunflower Bee. In the end, I had to find some new gear to suit him out. He is still holding his little hammer. Haha. I think he still looked kinda of dapper, just a little more mismatched fashion. But oh well, kids always look good in tacky colours/ style. So a good deal of this time, he was sitting in his Babybjorn rocker while the guests snapped shots of him. Haha. 


4. Decorations 

This may seems like a frill but it makes or breaks the whole party. As silly as it may sound, the party "became alive" because of the balloons. My little boy is too young to appreciate the balloons. But the adults were obsessed with them. Not only did the balloons liven up the whole atmosphere, they also looked good as backdrop. Psst...as part of the party agenda, baby had his hair cut ceremony. And...the ballons were framing the shots taken cos the BIL was bringing them wherever someone was taking a photo. Hehe.

After the whole event, the baby did have some slight staring session with the balloons. He is curious but still not at the age he would want to prod them. You can get them all around a $100++ bucks (with helium gas). We also got some $1 halloween headbands which you will see more in our hair cut ceremony.  For the amount of joy it brought to the guests, even if you are on a cost-saving spree, you shouldn't cut this out. [Update] The balloons lasted a good 3 days with Boo! still going strong.  


5. [Optional] Cake 

If you know me, I am a super extra person. This was one of our highlights of the day. This is baby's first cake. We even had a cake cutting ceremony for him but the little one was not very impressed cos he was probably drained by then. He gave a very annoyed look with furrowed brows and all in the photo which I find it very cute. Not sharing our family picture because I was having a fever already and looking very pale/ horrid. Also, I have changed out into my sleepwear to be more comfortable. 

I am not sure about you guys but my friends were really impressed with the whole mini party when I shared with them the photos. I am only sharing a few selected ones here because we have another whole post on his hair cutting ceremony which is a lot more picture-heavy. Happy Halloween to you guys too! Who says Halloween is not an appropriate theme for a kid's party. Just get the cute stuff and you can wing it like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment