Sunday, June 14, 2020

Delivery from 8 Crabs

One of the greatest grouses I have with Covid is the monotony in life. I have reached a stage that I want to celebrate everything and anything just to break the routine. We have certainly run out of things to cook. Usually, my family tend to eat out for such "cook's block" moments. Ordering in food isn't exactly our first choice, but given the situation, we didn't have much of a choice.

Recently, we ordered some awesome Zi Char from 8 Crabs and I thought I should share them with you guys. What impressed me was their punctuality, affordability, decent vareity and taste. 8 Crabs guarantee delivery within an hour around Singapore and the delivery man came slightly early for mine, which was awesome cos the little one in me was hungry :P


We had (from top left to bottom right):
  • Award-winning Black Pepper Crab (S$68): Waa, this was actually my favourite and I appreciate that it was not too hard on the pockets. I would say it might be one of the better black pepper crabs I have. Plus the crab was huge and had lots of meat. Was a bit bumped that I am pregnant and am trying to eat everything in moderation otherwise I might have finished a good half myself.
  • Fried man tou set of 5 ($6): Have it while its hot. It is so good, you can even have it on its own. If you are having chilli crab, this is a must add-on. 
  • Prawn Paste Chicken ($12): The portion at  8 Crabs is generous. This was stated for 2-3 pax but darn it looks like it is for at least 4! Another one of my favourite. It is definitely going to my order list the next time round. 
  • Award-winning Chili Crab (S$68): This is definitely value for money it doesn't blow my mind like the rest of the dishes we ordered. I think in the chilli crab, there are just too many worthy contender. My brother saved some of the gravy and crab to make pasta the next day and he said it was divine. The next time round (after I lay my little one out), I think I will try out the salted egg version!


Signing off with the meal we had for that day, my father air-fried more fries and vegetables. Personally when we buy zichar, my family don't have the habit of ordering veg cos we find it less value for money (hehe) so I think even the next round we probably won't be ordering any of the vegetables to review...oops. Unless you really want to read it, then let me know!

Just so you guys know, 8 Crabs has a father's day menu which offers the crabs and fixed sides. Comparitively, the father's day menu can squeeze even more value. But, if you are very particular about the stuff you are having, then it may not be for you. Have to say that 8 Crabs really changed my view on delivered food, I always think that they will never be as good. Never really expected it to be that enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment