Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Petit Carol: Baby's Tutu Journey


For those of you who are non-locals, tutu means pacifier. To be honest, I don't have a specific stance yet on the use of the pacifier. Some mums (including mine) believe that the long-term use of pacifiers will cause crooked baby teeth. Despite her believes, my brother and I actually grew up using pacifiers, just that my brother is not that huge of a fan and would spit it out at any opportunity. :P

I did some reading up on my own. I have to admit that babies look pretty cute sucking on their pacifiers. And parents give children pacifiers because the sucking action helps to sooth the babies and may also allow them to sleep better at night. For some fussy babies, pacifiers may act as a good distraction.


In the end, I still thought it would be better to have some tutu at hand because I just don't think I can function with a crying baby. Some of the criteria that I looked for includes: (i) reputable brand, (ii) stylish design, (iii) preferably it comes with a strap (just in case baby takes after his uncle who likes throwing away his pacifiers). I am also definitely not ready to play catch with the baby. 

I came across Petit CarolPetit Carol recently cross borders from Indonesia, so it may not be very familiar to mothers. What impressed me was the variety of colour, I am quite a sucker for colours. Petit Carol is the authorised dealer for the BIBS pacifiers, which hails from Denmark. The pacifiers are manufactured in Denmark and has passed both the Australian and European safety standards. The teats itself are made from natural latex


The pacifiers come in 2 sizes. Size 1 (in oak) is for 0-6 months. If you notice closely, the teat is shorter and rounded outwards to imitate the mother's nipples. This is also to help the child avoid nipple confusion. Size 2 (in mint) is for todders (6-18 months). The teat is a little more stretched in comparison. Ultimately, it still depends on the baby which type of pacifier it prefers. 

Petit Carol also sells braided pacificer clips. The colour collection is not as varied as the pacifiers. So one advise for stylish mama, trendy pacifier colours such as mint are so hard to match. Haha. It really depends but I prefer a themed colour for my baby so go for woody colours if you want to play it safe. The clip is pretty secure and not too difficult to maneuver. I am all about freedom of thought so I will be doing a fun experiment on baby to let him pick his desired pacifier. Can't wait for him to be out and I am very curious what he will pick for himself. Hehe. 


Updates: Quote "PC_CY" at Petit Carol and you will enjoy a 10% discount for pacifier clips and bibs pacifier products. Till 31 Oct 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment