Friday, December 11, 2020

Shopback: It's shopping time

I really have a love-hate relaionship with the last quarter of the year. Part of me really love the good deals that come along with it. Another part of me truly abhor the face that I am spending non-stop this quarter. First 9.9, then 10.10, next 11.11 and now 12.12. My pocket has truly burnt a big hole. 

Here's a money saving tip. When I am shopping at the platform, I always access them through Shopback. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Shopback, it is a rewards platform that give you cashback when you shop with their partners. Yes, you get cold hard cash back. I have tried and tested it :P


This year, Shopback launched the World's first christmas cashback cake from Bake Inc.. The light and fluffy chooclate sponge cake is layered with a rich dark chocolate cream and is topped with chocolate cream. It is dusted with powedered sugar and decorated with lots of money to remind us the amount of savings shoppers can bring for us. Here's a spoiler, within this delectable treat lies cold hard cash waiting for you to unravel. :P

The 800g cake costs $58. For every purchase, you will get 1% cashback credited into your Shopback account which can be eventually withdrawn to your personal banking account. In addition, you will find S$12 embedded within the cake. In total, the cake will cost less than S$50, which is quite a good steal. The cake can feed more than 10 pax (although it humbly claims to feed 8 to 10 people) and for the health-conscious you will be happy to know that it is low in sugar and does not contain any preservatives. 


Coincidentally, my little brother's birthday lie within the Christmas season and we decided to double this up as a birthday cake. So you lucky readers get to have an early review on the taste. The cake definitely taste as good as it looks. Be reminded to thaw it before consuming so that the runny chocolate would taste nicer. My brother was tickled pink by the surprise embedded in it. 

Personally, I was more excitied by Cashback Troopers Plushies (comes with the cake) which I thought was extremely adorable and good as props for my future photoshoots. So don't be surprised to see them popping up as and when in future photos. :D Ending the post with a boomerang. Yes, this cake is so good for photos and Instag! Fastest fingers first cos there are only 400 cakes available!

No comments:

Post a Comment